Kids Sail Free AFTER Final Payment

jbtyler927

To the OP:

Having you email the Latitudes Desk was probably not the right place to go. Almost all communications to that desk are regarding points, missing cruises etc. The standard response is 6 weeks or so and I think is sent as an auto reply. Your TA should be handling this, they should have clout and contacts within the cruise line and are being paid to handle your problem. I'm guessing the TA sent you to the Latitudes desk because they know you can't contact NCL yourself and this will stall things and get them off the hook. Tell your TA to get with it and make contact regarding upgrades of any sort that might get you into the new promotion.

It's not particularly snarky to point out the downside of dealing with a TA, many folks love to come on the boards and rave about the OBC's and other perks their TA's give them. But when the downside of dealing with a TA comes up, not so much! Hope it works out for you and your family.

Thanks for your advice. If anything was going to be done it would be wonderful, if not my kids are going to have a blast that's all that's important! We just booked the dolphin swim in Anguilla...they are super excited

I wish to thank the people with post like these. I sail in December. I did not think when I booked the prices would be slashed as far as they did. It was a gamble I took. Now 30 days out the cruise is almost 1/2 price!

Now I did not want a refund of the difference because that is absurd. I already budgeted for the trip and they already budgeted my cruise dollars into the plan. However my cruise dollars are worth a little more one because they changed the value of the cruise. So I asked for an upgrade. I was even prepared to pay for it as some sort of change fee. But it was free. From inside to mid balcony. All I did was ask. What could you do now that this is on sale. That's what they came with. Sometimes just being appreciative of what they can offer will get you more.

Edited by Jachred

You picked the wrong travel agent. The Kids Sail Free promo has been in effect since 10/28.

Your TA really should have caught it before final payment last week.

Doesn't help...sorry...but it could have been.

I have to agree. The TA is the one I'd be looking to for an explanation and any price reduction. They dropped the ball for you, not NCL.

The exact same thing happened to me. I was so annoyed as it was five days after I booked (already after final payment). Unless it is within two days of booking you are SOL. I was able to complain and get a small onboard credit but it wasNt as much as the savings would have been. The only other thing you can do is get an upgrade to a better room/ location, but in my case there weren't any available.

Edited by bearette