Coral Sands Beach Resort

SomewhereBeyondTheSea

Has anyone been to Coral Sands Beach Resort, recently? I noticed that most of the reviews were from when Coral Sands just opened (while still under contruction). I was wondering if anyone has been there more recently. If so, how was the beach? Was it a beach or Caye? Do they offer an all inclusive package like Nachi Cocum? I've been looking everywhere for reviews and pictures and haven't had any luck :rolleyes:

P.S: I've been to Caye Caulker and thought the town was very nice and quaint, but I am looking for more of a beach.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

My DH and I went to Coral Sands in January for a brief stop after our snorkel tour with Belize Rays, who I've read has recently ceased operations :(. I'm attaching my photo album from our cruise but be forewarned there are 192 pictures!! (I realized after the fact I should have made an album for each portion of the cruise) If you go directly to page 6 you'll see a few pictures of Coral Sands. There's honesly not much there but it's a nice, relaxing place to go to for a few hours and it was almost postcard perfect IMO (but we had never been to the Caribbean so I have nothing to compare to). It's on a caye and there are beach chairs, thatched huts, some palm trees, a small bar, and a small takeout style food joint where you can buy a chicken dinner which we thought was delicious. Having the word "Resort" in the name is a little deceiving because it's far from what one would think of as a resort!! :) You can visit their website at www.coralsandsbelize.com but the link to our photo ablum is http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANmblk0cNHDio

I've had some people who couldn't open the link for some reason but others have been able to open it so hopefully you don't have any problems but you should be able to get a good idea of what Coral Sands looks like if you go on their website.

We were there the last week of April with Belizerays.... it was closed that day... it is located on Water Caye... it was a nice place to relax for an hour or so... the water was clear nad the sand was sugar white.... we quite in enjoyed ourselves..... Sadly Belizerays has stopped operations... they were a first class operation.

My DH and I went to Coral Sands in January for a brief stop after our snorkel tour with Belize Rays, who I've read has recently ceased operations :(. I'm attaching my photo album from our cruise but be forewarned there are 192 pictures!! (I realized after the fact I should have made an album for each portion of the cruise) If you go directly to page 6 you'll see a few pictures of Coral Sands. There's honesly not much there but it's a nice, relaxing place to go to for a few hours and it was almost postcard perfect IMO (but we had never been to the Caribbean so I have nothing to compare to). It's on a caye and there are beach chairs, thatched huts, some palm trees, a small bar, and a small takeout style food joint where you can buy a chicken dinner which we thought was delicious. Having the word "Resort" in the name is a little deceiving because it's far from what one would think of as a resort!! :) You can visit their website at www.coralsandsbelize.com but the link to our photo ablum is http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANmblk0cNHDio

I've had some people who couldn't open the link for some reason but others have been able to open it so hopefully you don't have any problems but you should be able to get a good idea of what Coral Sands looks like if you go on their website.

You took some beautiful pictures of Belize. Coral Sands looks like the type of place that we are looking for.

I thank you both for your quick response :)

• 2 weeks later...
That would be great...just trying to determine if 2 people can go to this resort on our own. Thought I read someone that Coral Breeze is only doing larger groups?

Just looking back on this, I noticed the email that I pasted, never went through. I'll send again once I get home from this thing called work.

That would be great...just trying to determine if 2 people can go to this resort on our own. Thought I read someone that Coral Breeze is only doing larger groups?

You really can't go their on your own.... they arrange the transportation to the Cay. We went there with Belizerays who seem to be off the radar right now.... The day we went they were not open but we enjoyed the beach, hammocks and cold drinks we brought. From the tender dock it is at least 45 minutes back past where the ships are anchored.

Archived