Falmouth Tours

familycruiser01

We are on the Freedom in January and dock in Falmouth. Having never been there, we can't wait. This is the first cruise for my BF and I want it to be memorable. I am thinking of booking with Marva Shaw for a tour, but honestly, can't decide exactly WHAT to do. My mother is trying to tell me to do ONLY ship stuff because it is so dangerous in Jamaica AND because there are only two of us. I would really appreciate anyone's input - thank you!!

BF and I are going on our second cruise together in October. I am also considering using Marva Shaw. I have emailed her and she is very quick at getting back to me, which I appreciate.

The suggested itinerary is:

Irie Blue Hole

Tubing/Zipline/or Bobsled

Jerk Chicken

Beach

Sightseeing/Shopping

The price she quoted me as reasonable, but it is still expensive for only two people. I don't think you HAVE to do a ship excursion to stay safe in Jamaica, as long as you know the people you are going with are recommended by others.

If you do go, please let me know how you liked it!

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the Freedom in January and dock in Falmouth. Having never been there, we can't wait. This is the first cruise for my BF and I want it to be memorable. I am thinking of booking with Marva Shaw for a tour, but honestly, can't decide exactly WHAT to do. My mother is trying to tell me to do ONLY ship stuff because it is so dangerous in Jamaica AND because there are only two of us. I would really appreciate anyone's input - thank you!!

We used this company: http://www.libertytoursjamaica.com

We felt very safe and secure with Ricardo our driver. We went to Secret Falls- the ships do NOT offer tours there. It was the most beautiful place! Very peaceful, not crowded, and a fun place to explore. Look on Trip Advisor for Liberty Tours Jamaica. Once you see the pictures of this hidden gem, you will want to go there! I wrote a review there and included pictures.

Ricardo also took us to Scotchies for lunch for the BEST jerk chicken, rice and beans. Red Stripes were $2. Ricardo will personalize a tour for you and call you to arrange the perfect day for you. Give him a try! You will create a wonderful memory you will never forget, as we did.