Aft facing or non aft cabin...Bermuda???

mina518

I'm trying to book the best room possible for my parents for their cruise to Bermuda on the Summit. I've narrowed it down to the concierge level. I can have a choice of a aft cabin (9164 or 8176) or a non aft facing cabin. I've never had an aft cabin so I really don't know if there is a perk to it.

I'm open to all opinions, suggestions, etc...

Thanks so much,

Mina

Aft facing has always been my favorite cabins. You can look out and see the wake. They are also just below the aft bar and the buffet if they want a drink or food to take down to their balcony. Other than when you go to the shows almost everything they would want is in the aft section of the ship. Dinning room entrances are aft. I see aft as the perfect location.

Before I give my reasons, I've never had an aft cabin. However, I have been on the Summit to Bermuda three times.

If I were to decide to try an aft cabin, it would not be on a trip to Bermuda, where one is docked for days. While the way the ship docks each sailing is different, it's likely that the Summit will be "butt-to-butt" with another ship. I would not pay extra just have a view of someone else's balcony.

Firstly, there's no way to tell which side will face the port. It depends on the captain's request (for crew lifeboat drills, maintenance, etc) as well as any requirements of the dockmaster. So, don't get a port cabin expecting to face the dock. You just don't know.

Secondly, there is no "bad side". The port view is lovely, especially with a nice sunset.

IMG_0547.JPG

The opposite view is nice too.

IMG_4959.JPG