I don't get the difference between 6L/6M/6N cabins!

purplemusik

We are booked in Feb on the Dream- two deluxe oceanview rooms side by side. There are several price breaks for the 6L room but they insist we'd have to move 13 or so rooms down to a 6N cabin. They said they are all the same but there are not going to be any more price drops for a 6L cabin. It is what it is and we don't want to move but I'm just curious- if there isn't anything different.....what's the difference? Why can't I get the discount on the 6L room?

i stayed in two connecting 6m rooms on the dream. my wife and i in one. and my 2 kids 4yrs and 6yrs in the connecting room. these rooms are great. they are bigger (230sf) then the normal rooms. the big bonus of course are the bathroom configuration. you have one normal bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet. then you have another small room with a tub/shower, and a sink. both have a door. this made getting ready easy and for kids the small tub was great(about 1/2 size of normal tub). we stayed on the riviera deck which was nice and quiet. and easy to get on and off boat when at a port. each room has a nice big window also.

Our cabins aren't connecting but they are side by side. My mom does not want to move cabins ( though it would save her over $150 ) :rolleyes:

Does mom realize she doesn't actually have to physically move? Just that her cabin number would be slightly different?

I really don't care if my cabin is forward, center or aft.

Does mom realize she doesn't actually have to physically move? Just that her cabin number would be slightly different?

I really don't care if my cabin is forward, center or aft.

she wouldn't mind where we were if we were together but since I have 5 people in a room- I have to stay put and she wants to be right next door to me

Our cabins aren't connecting but they are side by side. My mom does not want to move cabins ( though it would save her over $150 ) :rolleyes:

That sounds like something my mother would say. ;):) I think I would contact whoever you booked through and see what cabins are available to move to, keeping them side by side. Then tell her that you found a better location and it is cheaper. Not knowing what cabin numbers you have it looks like the 6L's are forward which would be more movement so you might be able to sell the move on the basis that the new location would be less movement than in the forward ones.

That sounds like something my mother would say. ;):) I think I would contact whoever you booked through and see what cabins are available to move to, keeping them side by side. Then tell her that you found a better location and it is cheaper. Not knowing what cabin numbers you have it looks like the 6L's are forward which would be more movement so you might be able to sell the move on the basis that the new location would be less movement than in the forward ones.

I tried this but since I'm 5 in a room - they said there aren't any more available for this and her being a 4 in a room being side by side unless she also had 5 or I also had 4. I dont know how that works but I've talked to multiple people who said the same thing when I've called any time the rate changed.

I tried this but since I'm 5 in a room - they said there aren't any more available for this and her being a 4 in a room being side by side unless she also had 5 or I also had 4. I dont know how that works but I've talked to multiple people who said the same thing when I've called any time the rate changed.

I was thinking you were both in the same category. Looking at Cruisedeckplans I don't see any other options for you if you need the 5 and 4.