Last Minute Cruise

Kport2011

We are considering a Disney cruise and wanted to know when is the absolute last minute one can book with Disney? I know that the cruise lines have to submit passenger manifests 24 hours prior to sailing, but we are able to go at the last second if we can score a REALLY good deal.

We are considering a Disney cruise and wanted to know when is the absolute last minute one can book with Disney? I know that the cruise lines have to submit passenger manifests 24 hours prior to sailing, but we are able to go at the last second if we can score a REALLY good deal.

Your unlikely to get a great deal that close to departure. Considering that most ships/cruises run at over capacity . Any cabins left would be the most expensive or the worst ones.

Your unlikely to get a great deal that close to departure. Considering that most ships/cruises run at over capacity . Any cabins left would be the most expensive or the worst ones.

We were actually thinking about early December, typically not "in demand" dates for Disney.

IIRC it's 3 days prior for booking online. 24 hours if you call.

Actually DCL has these restricted fares that come out on some sailings that offer a compelling rate at times after PIF date. They are IGT, OGT, VGT. Inside, OV, Veranda GTY sort of. Pay in full at booking, no refund, no name changes, they pick the cabin within those views.

I occasionally wish we lived closer to PC, so airfare wouldn't be necessary.

The closest I ever booked was Thursday for a Saturday departure. 3 days before the cruise, it is taken off line. You must call your TA or DCL to book.

As to super deals, DCL does not lower the price as the sail date nears the way some other lines do. They do offer *GT deals on some cruises, and these become available after the penalty date generally. However, it is VERY rare to see them drop in price once they are available--I think I've only seen it twice. So booking 2 months out is likely to be the same cost as 2 days out unless you qualify for a CM or TA rate.

check daily for FLR rates and even call DCL directly if its a couple days out. Never know what you will get. We booked 10 days out for a 4 night Dream cruise, used FLR for a guaranteed veranda. That same day our room was assigned and we got an upgrade to a Family sized veranda room. Can't beat that.

If using FLR, please read my thread about new rules on presenting proof for the rate.