Price drop after paying in full/ how to find out if i booked ES?

canadian85

I booked thru TA, but I have a log-in to Carnival site. How do I find out if I booked early saver?

I did a mock booking and I think the "Canadian Resident Rate" might be cheaper than what I paid.

Is it only ES that you can apply for price drops?

I don't know when final payment is due.. but we paid in full when we booked. We sail Dec 29.

I just asked the same kind of question and was told to look at my email confirmation fine print....guest notes or something like that. If you booked ES it will have the rules about ES listed. Or if you booked ES and got a special resident rate, it will have notes about that. Good luck.

I just found the reply I got..here it is,

The 'Guest Notes' section of the cabin confirmation

email lists the rate booked followed by the rules

associated with the rate/promotion booked.

One day when on the phone with Carnival I asked them

where do they list the rate booked as it is not listed in

the cruise documents; they said whichever way a passenger

books is listed in guest notes, followed by the rules for

the rate.

However, I am curious to hear from others that are not booked

early saver to see what it says in their guest notes

section of their cabin confirmation email.

Edited by 2 cruzen

E-mail John Heald and express your outrage over how you were treated and how the different booking rates have confusing rules. Then demand that they let you steer the ship on your next cruise.

...or do what the others have said. My way is more fun though.

E-mail John Heald and express your outrage over how you were treated and how the different booking rates have confusing rules. Then demand that they let you steer the ship on your next cruise.

Huh?:confused:

I don't see guest notes on the receipt from TA or the website. But it's too late anyway.

Takes alot more than that to make me outraged, I'm Canadian afterall. If they let me steer the ship, there might be another Concordia..

Since you booked through a TA they would have to submit any price drops for you since they own your reservation so just call them that's what they are getting a commision to do.

TA let me know it's past the final payment date.

I don't see guest notes on the receipt from TA or the website. But it's too late anyway.

Takes alot more than that to make me outraged, I'm Canadian afterall. If they let me steer the ship, there might be another Concordia..

TA let me know it's past the final payment date.

But if you are booked ES then after final payment up until 2 business days before you cruise you still get price drops. They just don't want to have to refund their commission. Carnival pays them so anything after final payment the TA has to send Carnival a check back. I could never see my documents online until my TA had sent Carnival a check back because all of my price drops came after final payment.

So ask your TA what you are booked and if it is ES have them put in the price reduction.

Have you thought about checking with the TA on upgrading? You might be able to upgrade at very little to no cost depending upon what category you have and how big the price drop is.

On my last cruise on another line I was able to upgrade to a full suite for just $40 more than what I had booked a balcony cabin for. It never hurts to ask them if you think you might be interested in doing that.

Have you thought about checking with the TA on upgrading? You might be able to upgrade at very little to no cost depending upon what category you have and how big the price drop is.

On my last cruise on another line I was able to upgrade to a full suite for just $40 more than what I had booked a balcony cabin for. It never hurts to ask them if you think you might be interested in doing that.

I'll ask. It looks like we can get obstructed view with patio door instead of inside room, and it's a little cheaper.

Should I be able to get upgrades if I didn't book ES? (And it's after final payment date)

But if you are booked ES then after final payment up until 2 business days before you cruise you still get price drops. They just don't want to have to refund their commission. Carnival pays them so anything after final payment the TA has to send Carnival a check back. I could never see my documents online until my TA had sent Carnival a check back because all of my price drops came after final payment.

So ask your TA what you are booked and if it is ES have them put in the price reduction.

So if I booked ES (early saver) then I can apply for price drops up to 2 days before sailing? And if I booked any other rate, you can only apply for price drops before final payment? is that right?

I booked the cruise after final payment date so i suspect that I'm not ES. Most likely was the "Canadian Resident rate".

Edited by canadian85

I booked with a TA as well but she booked the trip (Flight and Cruise) through Transat Holidays .. How do price drops work when it's not directly through Carnival? And have not made final payment (due in 2 days) ... I have a Carnival Booking # ...

Edited by tvan76

I booked with a TA as well but she booked the trip (Flight and Cruise) through Transat Holidays .. How do price drops work when it's not directly through Carnival? And have not made final payment (due in 2 days) ... I have a Carnival Booking # ...

You would need to contact the TA since you booked through them. They would need to check on that for you.

This happened to me as well. What a fight we had trying to get price drops. Call the TA, then she would have to call Transat. With the drop I got today she was speaking directly to carnival. Makes it hard when the price drop is on a weekend :/

Jenn

My TA told me that if the flight price goes down the cruise price goes up .. ???? ... So no sense in trying to change it .. But I am wondering how it works if just the cruise price goes down .. How does it work then? And if nothing was changed through your TA or tour company (Transat Holidays), will Carnival automatically give you an onboard credit? Or do you have to actually ask for it?

Can anybody help who has booked a cruise/flight package this same way? I am all for saving a few dollars if possible ..

This happened to me as well. What a fight we had trying to get price drops. Call the TA, then she would have to call Transat. With the drop I got today she was speaking directly to carnival. Makes it hard when the price drop is on a weekend :/

Jenn

Not true. They can do it online immediately. If they tell you differently, they're making excuses. Mine gets it done on the spot.

I booked with the Canadian Resident Rate and my PVP told me that I could not apply for price drops after final payment.

There was a small price drop on my cruise($25) so I called him and asked him about it.

First he said it really was hardly worth it, then after I told him that there were 4 of us travelling he took a look for me. ( really, it shouldn't matter how much of a drop it is) :rolleyes:

He then said that due to my booking a Canadian Resident Rate I was not eligible for the price drop.

He described it as having purchased a sale and wanting to take advantage of another sale at the same time....said it couldn't be done.

We got a great rate, so I wasn't complaining....just thought I'd try.