On the Fence - Balcony or Suite on Conquest?

bankofdad

With all of the recent price drops on our Spring Break Conquest sailing, I am considering upgrading from an 8A balcony on deck 6 (I know, not the greatest deck to be on) to an Ocean Suite on deck 7. There are four of us, and the upgrade is about $170pp. both cabins are on the forward third of the ship.

We've never sailed on a Conquest Class ship, so for those of you in the know, is this worth it? Do the extra room and any additional perks make it an attractive deal :confused:? Looking forward to expert comments and advice:D!

Just got off the Conquest on Saturday for the second time, first time trying out the suite.

The extra room in the cabin was nice, but didn't make such a big impression that I would do it again. We'll be heading back to balconies.

You do get priority boarding which for us meant about a twenty minute difference from our friends who didn't have it.

No "luxuries" to mention that came with it.

Unless you just want to be able to say you have a suite, stick with the balconies..........

That's a lot of money for just a little extra space and no "perks."

If you feel that your kids are responsible enough, why don't you spurge on an inside cabin across the hall of your balcony for them? This will be our 4th cruise with our teenaged boys in their own cabin...it's wonderful! Well worth the extra cost.

We have done both balconies and suites on this class. I think it is a matter of personal preference. We like the suite because there is more room and closet space. Not so much for any perk, just a little more space. But saving money on the room may give you a little extra spending money, which always comes in handy. Happy cruising!

We love ocean suites. We try to book them for longer cruises. We really love the extra space, the bathtub, the double sinks, the extra storage, the bigger balcony, and they assign the best room stewards to the suites. It's up to you whether that amount of money is worth it to you. But with 4 people to a room, I would probably use that extra money to get an inside room across the hall for the kids if they are old enough.