Gem deck 11 - has anyone sailed on this deck?

Dardreamer

I've stayed in 11600, it's under the kitchen area of La Cucina and we never had a noise issue since it's only open in the evening.

Check out the deck plan on 11 and then look on 12 to see what's above the room. Stay with the port side towards the aft and you should be okay. Starboard side toward the aft has the garden cafe above the rooms. All the way aft and you'll have allot of noise from the great outdoors.

We stayed in mini-11502. Great statroom. Real close to the bridge viewing room (spent a LOT of time there). Very quiet and under the spa area. We would definitly do that again! We saw and would get a wave every morning from the Captain as he was looking out of the port side bridge wing, we were on our balcony.

Edited by NH Cruisers

We were on deck 11 twice once under the buffet at about 4am we heard what sounded like furniture being moved around and or Carts being rolled. The second time we were under the gym absolute nightmare with people dropping weights at a very early time. Going on the Gem in 2 weeks booked a mini suite on deck 11, but this time we're under the spa. That should be quiet

We stayed in 11002... very quiet!!! Spa treatment room above and at the far end of the passageway so there's no foot traffic going back & forth.

The door for crew access to the bridge & senior officer cabins is right outside the door, but you hardly ever hear the door open or close. The Cruise Director has the cabin next door, so that's a quiet neighbor... they're only in the cabin to change clothes & sleep.

I'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat. ;)

We stayed in 11002... very quiet!!! Spa treatment room above and at the far end of the passageway so there's no foot traffic going back & forth.

The door for crew access to the bridge & senior officer cabins is right outside the door, but you hardly ever hear the door open or close. The Cruise Director has the cabin next door, so that's a quiet neighbor... they're only in the cabin to change clothes & sleep.

I'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat. ;)

I'm so glad you posted this, I am currently booked in 11002 and was considering switching to 11502, but won't be now! :)