Mongolian Wok specifics

pamrose228

I know what the concept is.....protein, veggies,noodles and sauce all your choice, and then they stir fry it for you. Been to other ones and I love it. Can anyone tell me what veggies they offer, in particular I love Asian type veggies (bok choy, bean sprouts, chinese cabbage, waterchestnuts, bamboo shoots) do they offer these or the usual broccoli, carrots, peppers, peas and corn only?

Also can you get it stire fried with no sauce or on the side?

TIA

I also remember at least two different noodles, onions, and bean sprouts being on there.....it was quite good.

I've also seen spinach, waterchestnuts, bok choy and nappa cabbage.....along with the standard veggies. But not on every ship! :cool:

Remember the proteins change daily too ;)

Edited by happy cruzin

I've also seen spinach, waterchestnuts, bok choy and nappa cabbage.....along with the standard veggies. But not on every ship! :cool:

So maybe since NYC has many Asian markets we will get some of these goodies. I really can't stand American type vegetables in my Chinese food.

As far as proteins as long as there is a seafood daily, I'm fine. What sauce is the LEAST salty/

Have never seen the proteins change always beef ,chicken ,shrimp and pork when I have had it. Maybe like every other thing nothing consistent :)

Have never seen the proteins change always beef ,chicken ,shrimp and pork when I have had it. Maybe like every other thing nothing consistent :)

The Mongolian Wok is my favorite place to eat on the ships that have it. They also offer calamari and mussels on certain days. The ones I've been on have had 3 choices each day for the protein. So, it appears that each ship is different.

The Mongolian Wok is my favorite place to eat on the ships that have it. They also offer calamari and mussels on certain days. The ones I've been on have had 3 choices each day for the protein. So, it appears that each ship is different.

You may be thinking of the fish and chips upstairs in the buffet

Do they ever have tofu as a protein? It would certainly make sense since it's Asian inspired and they eat a ton of it. I'm thinking they don't because it might not appeal to the masses, but being authentic wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing!

Anyone?

Laura

Do they ever have tofu as a protein? It would certainly make sense since it's Asian inspired and they eat a ton of it. I'm thinking they don't because it might not appeal to the masses, but being authentic wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing!

Anyone?

Laura

I have never saw tofu their

So maybe since NYC has many Asian markets we will get some of these goodies. I really can't stand American type vegetables in my Chinese food.

As far as proteins as long as there is a seafood daily, I'm fine. What sauce is the LEAST salty/

Black bean

Thai Barbecue

schezchwan (sp)

are your sauces

You may be thinking of the fish and chips upstairs in the buffet

Nope, I've had calamari and mussels at the Mongolian Wok on the Magic, the Freedom and the Splendor. I went to Fish & Chips upstairs on the Freedom one time, that was enough for me.

Nope, I've had calamari and mussels at the Mongolian Wok on the Magic, the Freedom and the Splendor. I went to Fish & Chips upstairs on the Freedom one time, that was enough for me.

I have never seen them on any cruise that I have been on that has the Mongolian Wok

I guess its a Conquest class thing ,that's usually what we cruise

We learn something everyday :)

so if I can ask, how does it work exactly? get in line, and then what? also, which sauce is the least spicy!

OP-thanks for asking!

Buffet type line ,grab your veggies and noodles when your turn hand the plate to the chef and pick your protein if you want and they fry it up for you in the sauce you pick

Buffet type line ,grab your veggies and noodles when your turn hand the plate to the chef and pick your protein if you want and they fry it up for you in the sauce you pick

Would they lightly saute it with a little garlic if i requested?

I have become uber picky in my middle age for health reasons and digestive ones. I don't know how many times I've ordered things, looked at it and pushed it away.

I wish they had lobster as a protein:D

I have become uber picky in my middle age for health reasons and digestive ones. I don't know how many times I've ordered things, looked at it and pushed it away.

I doubt it .Its a fast thing(very busy) with the few sauces I mentioned .Have never seen spices just oil to fry and the sauces. We love it though give it a try :)

I also seem to remember salmon on at least one ship too! ;)

I've had mine done with just water and soy sauce.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have never seen them on any cruise that I have been on that has the Mongolian Wok

I guess its a Conquest class thing ,that's usually what we cruise

We learn something everyday :)

We have seen Calamari & Mussels on the Liberty & the Glory (twice) so it is definitely available one the Conquest class ships.

OP you can totally do no sauce if you want, I did that for my neice, just noodles and veggies for her.

Sauce ranked by spiciness:

Szechuan (hot)

Thai BBQ (mild)

Black Bean (very mild)

Black bean

Thai Barbecue

schezchwan (sp)

are your sauces

Just the 3 sauces? Can you rate them from spiciest to least?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Those are listed in "spicey" order.

Black bean has no spice at all....szechuan is the hottest and DH orders it "extra hot" :eek:.

I miss the teriyaki that they used to have - because it was a little sweet with no spice! :(

We have seen Calamari & Mussels on the Liberty & the Glory (twice) so it is definitely available one the Conquest class ships.

OP you can totally do no sauce if you want, I did that for my neice, just noodles and veggies for her.

Sauce ranked by spiciness:

Szechuan (hot)

Thai BBQ (mild)

Black Bean (very mild)

....and don't they put a little garlic in the oil - just as they get started??

Those are listed in "spicey" order.

Black bean has no spice at all....szechuan is the hottest and DH orders it "extra hot" :eek:.

I miss the teriyaki that they used to have - because it was a little sweet with no spice! :(

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks .... sounds like Szechuan is what I will want next time.

It's so crowded and rushed, it's hard to know what to order.... :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~