Fishing

dbeers2618

Hey My Family and I head onto the Explorer in 2 wks. We have booked a deep sea fishing excursion through Royal Caribbean. What Can anyone tell me about this excursion? What have people been catching? Another question I have is that my children and my husband and I had to book this excursion separtly because we are in different cabins and have different reservation numbers. Will royal caribbean make sure that we are booked on the same charter? If not how do I go about doing this? Thanks for any information. Donna

Hey My Family and I head onto the Explorer in 2 wks. We have booked a deep sea fishing excursion through Royal Caribbean. What Can anyone tell me about this excursion? What have people been catching? Another question I have is that my children and my husband and I had to book this excursion separtly because we are in different cabins and have different reservation numbers. Will royal caribbean make sure that we are booked on the same charter? If not how do I go about doing this? Thanks for any information. Donna

Sand Dollar Sports operates six boats that belong to Angler´s Fleet. They furnish those boats to the cruise lines exclusively. Talk to the tour desk to be sure you will be put on the same boat. You will be fishing with the same company, but it could well be you are dispatched on different boats if you don´t get that fixed ahead of time. If they don´t know you are together they will not make any special effort to keep you together. Ask to be put on the boat captained by TITO. He is one of Cozumel´s finest captains.

This time of year you can hope to catch mahi-mahi or Wahoo, possibly mackerel. We have barracuda year around also; great fighting fish, but not much for eating...in fact it can be posionous.

Normally cruise passengers don´t keep any of their fish, but if you do catch something you want to try, have the crew give you the filets on ice and take it to a local restaurant, i.e., Tony Rome´s Embassy and they will prepare it for you. They generally make a small service charge and of course you pay for your beverages. The ship won´t allow you to bring it aboard and crews know that so they don´t offer you the fish to take.

Good luck. Fishing Cozumel´s Caribbean is terrific !!!

Spoke to the guys this morning. They said it would not be a problem at all to put you on the same boat. Just give them heads up and they will take care of it for you. If there are any problems, then just ask for Romero or Matias.

Don´t wait and do this on the pier the morning everyone is headed out fishing. Fix it with your tour desk operators on the ship. Just a little advance advise. It is not easy to change the souls on board list while standing on the cruise dock with 36 fishermen getting into six boats.

Thanks for your advice IslandJim. I was thinking the same thing and when I called royal caribbean said that our reservations were linked so we would be together. Thanks for everyones help.
Be sure to double check in person once you board the ship.

Archived