Info on Condado Area

ScottsSweetie

DH and I will be spending one night pre-cruise at the Marriott Stellaris. Looking for:

1) Somewhere to buy sodas, water, wine. I understand there is a Walgreen's across the street for sodas & water with limited wine selection. Where would my next closest place be for wine? Would prefer not to use taxi. I know there is a liquor store at the port - do they have wines there?

2) Looking for a place to eat dinner. Don't need upscale or fancy, again would prefer not to use a taxi.

Will be staying at the Caribe Hilton post-cruise one night, and will again be looking for a place for dinner in walking distance.

Thanks!

You can grab a nice clean bus for a fraction of the price of a cab in Condado. I've taken them, problem free. It costs less than a dollar per trip, compared to a minimum of $9 per cab ride. There is a Walgreens in Condado, and plenty of other shops and restaurants. Just ask and someone will point you in the right direction. The area is also very walkable if you just want to walk to your destination.

There are plenty of local (non-chain) restaurants to choose from as well as a handful of chain restaurants.

I'm not sure about the best place to pick up wine, but I'm sure the concierge at the hotel should be able to point you in the right direction.

Enjoy.

There is a small market with liquor on ash ford down from walgreens, towards the radisson. Lots of restaurants on ash ford within a couple blocks of Walgreens as well. We ate at 'the place' across from the radisson....cool ambiance and Great burgers! About $25 for two beers,a. Coke, and two 8 oz burgers and fries.

There is (or used to be) a Morton's Steak House at the Caribe Hilton. If you have any $$ left after the cruise, this would be perfect!

Large liquor store down on Ashford, but no within walking distance of Marriott.

DH and I will be spending one night pre-cruise at the Marriott Stellaris. Looking for:

1) Somewhere to buy sodas, water, wine. I understand there is a Walgreen's across the street for sodas & water with limited wine selection. Where would my next closest place be for wine? Would prefer not to use taxi. I know there is a liquor store at the port - do they have wines there?

2) Looking for a place to eat dinner. Don't need upscale or fancy, again would prefer not to use a taxi.

Will be staying at the Caribe Hilton post-cruise one night, and will again be looking for a place for dinner in walking distance.

Thanks!

Like the others said there are plenty of places for all those things. One hint though, if you do take the bus into OSJ the buses stop running at 9pm, so if you stay there later, you might get stuck and have to take a taxi back. Check what time the last bus leaves, it might be before 9. If you do venture into OSJ, go to Vaca Brava! YUM!

Like the others said there are plenty of places for all those things. One hint though, if you do take the bus into OSJ the buses stop running at 9pm, so if you stay there later, you might get stuck and have to take a taxi back. Check what time the last bus leaves, it might be before 9. If you do venture into OSJ, go to Vaca Brava! YUM!

Thanks for that info!!

Mortons has appetizers and drinks specials for their Happy Hour at Caribe Hilton. Check the Mortons web site for times/prices.

Easy if you want something not as heavy after your cruise and are OK to sit in the bar area- there are some tables in there.

You will see plenty of restaurants up and down Ashford, so you can look around and see what interests you! Use your wi-fi at the Marriott and look up restaurants around you, they should even come up with Yelp ratings so you can make a good choice.

The taxis are not complicated- but since you are there just one night before and after cruise, I can see wanting to stay closer to the hotel especially if you like a beach day.