Liberty of the Seas Promenade Cabins Deck 6

SEM4236

Does anyone have any information on these cabins?

I booked my cabin (me and my boyfriend) and my mother's cabin (mom & grandma) when no connecting cabins were available and now promenade cabins would be at no cost to upgrade and we could be together.

Right now we're on Deck 8 just down the hall from each other. However, my mother is a heavy sleeper so I'd like the adjoining door to barge in and wake her every morning. :D And to just be able to find her and my grandmother since we won't have any electronic devices to connect by.

What's your advice? Keep our insides on deck 8, or switch to promenade cabins on deck 6? Also, if anyone has the link to the All Things Liberty of the Seas thread, I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks in advance!

I can't answer as far as deck 6 vs deck 8 but I would definately switch to a promenade cabin from an inside cabin. We have been in both and really enjoyed the Promenade view vs no view of an inside cabin. Inside cabins can also get really dark and it is hard to tell what time it is. The Promenade room won't give you a view of the outside but it will at least allow a little light and some perspective of time. Plus, if they have any parades on the promenade during your cruise, you or maybe mom and grandma can watch them from there if you don't want to fight the crowds on the promenade directly.

Also, it sounds like it is important for you to have cabins closer together and if you can do it by switching then it seems like a no brainer. You didn't say how far apart you were on deck 8 but I know from experience that being right next door to others in your party, especially if it is parents/grandparents or younger children, definately is an advantage.

If you haven't been in a Promenade room before, why not experience it and see for yourself if it meets your need.

• 1 month later...

Definitely do the upgrade. Promenades feel a little smaller because of the layout, but having light to help wake you up in the morning makes a big difference to us. We have had a couple of insides and a promenade and the promenade was a cool experience. Keep in mind that you can see in the room across from yours fairly well if the curtains are open, so keep that in mind when changing clothes, drying off, or other activities.

You may have a little bit of muffled noise during parades and what not. If you go to bed after 11, it shouldn't be any problem. Also, if you are booking on deck 6, make sure you aren't over a pub or bar, because there could be late night music. Try and book above a shop or cafe promenade...something quiet.

Enjoy!

Does anyone have any information on these cabins?

I booked my cabin (me and my boyfriend) and my mother's cabin (mom & grandma) when no connecting cabins were available and now promenade cabins would be at no cost to upgrade and we could be together.

Right now we're on Deck 8 just down the hall from each other. However, my mother is a heavy sleeper so I'd like the adjoining door to barge in and wake her every morning. :D And to just be able to find her and my grandmother since we won't have any electronic devices to connect by.

What's your advice? Keep our insides on deck 8, or switch to promenade cabins on deck 6? Also, if anyone has the link to the All Things Liberty of the Seas thread, I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks in advance!

Had them, LOVED them.. Switch. We just booked two for our December 2014 cruise.

I've had a Promenade cabin twice on Liberty. I would do it again in hearbeat (if a balcony isn't an option). I think they feel a little bigger than an inside cabin because of the window (which has a bench seat). Plus it's fun to look out and people watch.