Any luck requesting a specific butler?

PoopDeckPappy

Hello. I'm sailing in the Haven next month and the butler we had last time is on the ship we're sailing. If I request to have her again do you think they can accommodate or is it pure luck? I would place the request via PCC. Thanks for the help. PS I searched "request & butler" but couldn't find an answer after 10 min of reading so I gave up :D

I'm most confident that butlers are assigned specific areas of the ship. I have heard (as in read on here) that butlers are rotated through these different areas (aft PH suites, Haven, OS, etc) in an effort to maintain fairness. I don't know if that's true or not.

Who knows... maybe you'll get lucky, or maybe you'll have the opportunity to meet and shire your cruise experience with another fantastic butler.

ETA: if you are blazon enough to make such a request, maybe do it through the pre-concierge.

Edited by triptolemus

We have tried and failed to request a specific butler. It was explained to us that butlers are assigned a section of rooms and if the butler we wanted was to service our room it would be way out of his way. Different deck, different section of the ship. Once that was explained, it made sense and I would not want to put the butler thru all that additional work just so I could enjoy his fabulous service.

We got a new (to us) butler and he was awesome. We now just go with the flow and haven't had a bad butler since.

In September I tried to get the same butler on the Dawn that we had in July; they told me that he did not have the same section and it wouldn't be possible for him to move around like that. I was disappointed, but I did get to see him a lot during the week which was nice.