Query for Bill - Phuket 3 April 2014 cruise

tomtal

We really do not seem to be getting anywhere on the subject of excursions on this cruise for the day in Phuket. The published excursions for Phang Nga Bay and Sea Cave Adventure show the length of time as 8 hours. The ship does not arrive in Phuket until 1300 hours. The narrative mentions a late lunch after the sea part of the excursion and various other factors do not add up. It would be impossible to see any of the countryside in the dark. I seems to me that the narrative was taken from a 2013 tour in Phuket where the ship arrived about or prior to 9am. I spoke to the UK office who also reckoned that this was the case but were unable to help. The very nice gentleman tried to put me through to the excursion team - and the phone then went dead! Bill, I should be very grateful if you could ask the Miami team about this. Many thanks - Pam

We really do not seem to be getting anywhere on the subject of excursions on this cruise for the day in Phuket. The published excursions for Phang Nga Bay and Sea Cave Adventure show the length of time as 8 hours. The ship does not arrive in Phuket until 1300 hours. The narrative mentions a late lunch after the sea part of the excursion and various other factors do not add up. It would be impossible to see any of the countryside in the dark. I seems to me that the narrative was taken from a 2013 tour in Phuket where the ship arrived about or prior to 9am. I spoke to the UK office who also reckoned that this was the case but were unable to help. The very nice gentleman tried to put me through to the excursion team - and the phone then went dead! Bill, I should be very grateful if you could ask the Miami team about this. Many thanks - Pam

Bill, we have also been trying to get confirmation from Miami on this subject. Despite posts on CC and several emails to Miami, no one has chosen to respond so your help would be greatly appreciated. We seem to be 'invisible' to them! Thank you :)

Bill, we have also been trying to get confirmation from Miami on this subject. Despite posts on CC and several emails to Miami, no one has chosen to respond so your help would be greatly appreciated. We seem to be 'invisible' to them! Thank you :)

Hello Pam, Rose and Steve -

I suspect that the shore excursions that are being featured on this voyage are being reviewed. I just went to the Pdf Land Discoveries brochure and found that it only had 8 pages and all tours were missing.

I expect to have an explanation for you at the start of the week ahead. In the meantime, I've sent your comments to our shore excursion planning team.

Please stand by!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks Bill. Good to know someone is finally taking notice of us! Looking forward to finding out about the excursions in due course.

Expect feedback some time tomorrow!

Stay tuned.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

The Pdf Land Discoveries brochure for the Azamara Journey's April 3, 2014 12-night Singapore - Mumbai Voyage is now operational.

I learned that the two eight hour plus tours scheduled in Phuket, Thailand for Sunday, April 6, 2014 will operate; however, the lunch will be replaced with a dinner and the tour order may vary:

1. PK16 / Phang Nga Bay - full day tour to Phang Nga Bay.

2. PK22 / Sea Cave Canoe Adventure - Phang Nga Bay National Park.

Please note - the following will be placed on the tour description:

Important Note: For the Azamara Journey April 3, 2014 sail date, lunch will be replaced with dinner due to the arrival time in port. Tour order may vary.

Also, the AzAmazing Evening will be held in Cochin, India on Saturday, April 12:

The Culture and Traditions of Kerala

§ Immerse yourself in the rich arts culture of Kerala at Vivanta by Taj Malabar, welcomed by a brightly painted elephant and a cool sip of coconut water. Stroll on green lawns where an assembled marketplace features tea and toddy shops, a mehndi artist skilled in delicate henna tattoos, plus an astrologer, potter and cane weaver. Enjoy drinks and desserts, including the crunchy treats known as jalebis. Kerala boasts many dance traditions including Kathakali, in which performers wear elaborate costumes, ornaments, and make-up. You’ll also see performances of Mohiniyattam and Kalaripayattu, a martial arts dance using spears, daggers, swords, and shields.

§ What to Wear

- Dress code is resort casual.

- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.

§ Important Notes

- The event will be held after dinner is served onboard the ship. Specific departure time will be provided onboard.

- Scooters will not be able to be accommodated. Guests in wheelchairs can be accommodated.

I hope this information helps you plan ahead as you prepare your countdown to your Azamara vacation experience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises