Leaving tomorrow for Florida

GAMOM4

I am leaving for Florida tomorrow and still haven't packed...........I admire these people that say that they pack weeks in advance.....I am so ready for the cruise....but I so wish that my husband was still alive and going on the cruise with me.....this is going to be SO different.....different isn't always bad......and I know that he wouldn't want me to lose the money or the platinum status that I will earn Saturday........but I really NEED to pack!

You sound like me... procrastination at it's finest. Clothes are overrated anyway.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but I guarantee he'd want you to go and enjoy your time.

Packing at the last minute is not a bad thing, I do it all the time. It actually gets me more in the mood not like pack weeks in advance and then look at luggage sitting on the bed for 2 weeks. I pack and go! Enjoy and have fun!

I am leaving for Florida tomorrow and still haven't packed...........I admire these people that say that they pack weeks in advance.....I am so ready for the cruise....but I so wish that my husband was still alive and going on the cruise with me.....this is going to be SO different.....different isn't always bad......and I know that he wouldn't want me to lose the money or the platinum status that I will earn Saturday........but I really NEED to pack!

Good luck to you and enjoy yourself. I have heard you talk about your loss on other posts, and I think you are very strong and wise. Enjoy your time away. Your husband will always be with you!

Well....I switched over to my large suitcase (that is insane I know).....I know I won't wear 1/4 of what is in there....but at least it is packed...I thought about taking some out...and then decided no...I am just sticking with what I have.

I have not been able to cry since my husband died...that is the only thing that really bothers me.....I couldn't cry at the funeral visitation, the funeral, the grave ... or even yesterday when I went and saw the completed cemetary lot.....I know that everyone tells me that people grieve in different ways and that no way is right or wrong.....It just all really seems "not real" it seems as though he is on the road (since he was a truck driver) yet I know he isn't coming back. I am doing well compared to most people I have talked to that have been through the same situations. I think that me taking that early retirement June 30th has helped...that way I don't have to worry about getting up and going to work.....that probably would have really caused me stress.

The people on Cruise Critic are so nice and it makes me smile to know that you care :) He loved the Pub Crawl in Key West and we had planned on doing it again this cruise....my friend that is going with me booked it for me and her.....so I am sure he will be smiling at that time.

Well....I switched over to my large suitcase (that is insane I know).....I know I won't wear 1/4 of what is in there....but at least it is packed...I thought about taking some out...and then decided no...I am just sticking with what I have.

I have not been able to cry since my husband died...that is the only thing that really bothers me.....I couldn't cry at the funeral visitation, the funeral, the grave ... or even yesterday when I went and saw the completed cemetary lot.....I know that everyone tells me that people grieve in different ways and that no way is right or wrong.....It just all really seems "not real" it seems as though he is on the road (since he was a truck driver) yet I know he isn't coming back. I am doing well compared to most people I have talked to that have been through the same situations. I think that me taking that early retirement June 30th has helped...that way I don't have to worry about getting up and going to work.....that probably would have really caused me stress.

The people on Cruise Critic are so nice and it makes me smile to know that you care :) He loved the Pub Crawl in Key West and we had planned on doing it again this cruise....my friend that is going with me booked it for me and her.....so I am sure he will be smiling at that time.

Taking a few extra things gives you choices. Speaking of choices, good for you going on with your cruise. I am sure your husband is looking down at you with a big smile on his face. Have an amazing cruise!