Allowed to bring own games aboard?

fdgarrett

I know this is a silly question but I searched and found no answer.

Are we allowed to bring our own deck game. We waited forever for beanbag throws and such and thought if we brought our own we might get to play. Just not sure if it's a liability issue.

TIA for the help

Are we allowed to bring our own deck game. We waited forever for beanbag throws and such and thought if we brought our own we might get to play. Just not sure if it's a liability issue.

TIA for the help

Interesting question. Hope you get your answer. I've often wondered the same thing...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Are you talking about the large boards with the holes (we refer to it as corn hole or Bags)?

I'm guessing that they would be too big to have up on deck. I really don't think something like that would be allowed onboard....BUT...on our last cruise on RCCL they had tournaments (or was it Princess... I think it might have been Princess) in the centrum (lobby) on sea days. So they had them onboard. Maybe you can see if Carnival has them to use up on the sports deck??

Are you talking about the large boards with the holes (we refer to it as corn hole or Bags)?

I'm guessing that they would be too big to have up on deck. I really don't think something like that would be allowed onboard....BUT...on our last cruise on RCCL they had tournaments (or was it Princess... I think it might have been Princess) in the centrum (lobby) on sea days. So they had them onboard. Maybe you can see if Carnival has them to use up on the sports deck??

I was reading a recent review of the Pride last night and there were photos and a description showing them playing on deck. It seemed to be a tournament organized by the CD staff. We call it Corn Hole here too. :) To the OP if that is what you are talking about I personally wouldn't want to drag something that large onboard with me. The ones I have seen here are usually homemade ones out of plywood. Do they make a smaller portable version?

Edited by Mysticks1

I think one problem you might have is other people standing around "waiting their turn", thinking that it is the ship's game, and I can't imagine how many times you might have to explain that it belongs to you personally and they shouldn't wait. If you're there playing for 30 minutes I can imagine having that conversation about 15 or 20 times.

Also, beanbag game takes a fairly large deck space. There are not many large open spaces on the deck. With one or two ship sponsored beanbag games always going on, I am not sure they can find a good location for their own games.

Edited by guxu

TIA for the help

As long as you are not disturbing others, I can't imagine why you couldn't. I have a corn hole game that is compact and lightweight made for on-the-go game playing like tailgating. I could see taking it, especially if I wasn't flying to my cruise port. I'd recommend that you take it up on one of the less crowded upper decks to enjoy it.

I see lots of passengers playing their own games like card games and board games and dice games.

Take your game and have a great time.

2010 on the Valor.

The woman running the game, the bag tossed in the air, the bag goes into the hole, not touching the board.

She says in a cute British accent, "Corn Hole".

I burst out laughing.

Every time I hear those two words, its the same thought.

Don't bring the game.:)