Character breakfast reservations?

mjonis

Under specialty dining in the RCCL site, then look for Character Dining.

Thanks, it hasn't shown up since I started looking in Sept. 2013.

I check almost every day.

I login, go under my reservations, select "Add" for specialty dining and click All specialty Dining Options.

Edited by mjonis

I am very interested in this in well as my kids love, love, love, characters. Is this something you have to prebook in order to get a spot. Is there enough slots (without being selfish) to go to both breakfasts? (I wouldn't go to both if I thought someone couldn't get to either.).

We are going on LOS on Nov 23 and I call last week and it wasn't open yet for reservations. I called 6 days later(Nov 13) and it was all booked up. They told me it was opened within the last 24 hours and it goes fast. They said not to worry though that they open up more seating once you get on the ship so its fair for the people who book last minute so they can have a chance in booking it. They told me its only days at sea which on LOS is 2 days. Hopefully I will get it as i will go right to guest services when i get onboard to book it. They said you can book it in your room also on the tv interactive.

Hope this helps. I was on the phone for a hour waiting and figuring this out.

I just called (based on this thread, because I haven't seen anything about them on my reservation or in the dining stuff, etc, either) and was told that the Dreamworks character breakfasts are something you book once onboard. :confused:

I have had mine booked for about 3 months, we sail in December on Allure.

I just called (based on this thread, because I haven't seen anything about them on my reservation or in the dining stuff, etc, either) and was told that the Dreamworks character breakfasts are something you book once onboard. :confused:

I'm pretty sure that you were just given bad info. While yes you can book it on the ship you can also book on line in advance. I just booked a time for my Liberty Dec 21 sailing. Book it under specialty restaurants. You have to wait until the specialty restaurants are available for booking in order to book this.

I have had mine booked for about 3 months, we sail in December on Allure.

At first I was wondering if it's possible that it is different for FOS (what the OP was asking about and what we're booked on, too) vs Allure.

I'm pretty sure that you were just given bad info. While yes you can book it on the ship you can also book on line in advance. I just booked a time for my Liberty Dec 21 sailing. Book it under specialty restaurants. You have to wait until the specialty restaurants are available for booking in order to book this.

OK, when are the speciality restaurants available for booking? i'm 71 days out and it looks as though I could book Chops or Portofino or other choices.

I go to my first at-sea day and these are the options:

Cupcake Decorating Classes for Adults or Kids, Lafite Wine Tasting Experience, Dinner at Chops Grille, Dinner at Portofino.

Second at-sea day it's the same minus Lafite.

Third is the same as second.

So it seems that at some point in there, probably during the time I was trying hard to comprehend the RCCL website and how to find things to book (once you do that it seems booking is easy, but first you have to figure out HOW to get there to see the things and that has been tough for my brain), there were character breakfasts listed?

Edited by mollyeilis
sea, not "seat". :)

At first I was wondering if it's possible that it is different for FOS (what the OP was asking about and what we're booked on, too) vs Allure.

OK, when are the speciality restaurants available for booking? i'm 71 days out and it looks as though I could book Chops or Portofino or other choices.

I go to my first at-sea day and these are the options:

Cupcake Decorating Classes for Adults or Kids, Lafite Wine Tasting Experience, Dinner at Chops Grille, Dinner at Portofino.

Second at-sea day it's the same minus Lafite.

Third is the same as second.

So it seems that at some point in there, probably during the time I was trying hard to comprehend the RCCL website and how to find things to book (once you do that it seems booking is easy, but first you have to figure out HOW to get there to see the things and that has been tough for my brain), there were character breakfasts listed?

I would have thought that the Freedom would have been the same as Liberty in terms of booking the character breakfast but it looks like its not. I guess you do have to wait and book on board.

The only other thing I can think of is that even though you book it under specialty restaurants that it opens up when reservations for the ice show open up. Again not sure just a guess.

Gracious. Talking to someone else, and he can't even SEE character dining at all. He's got me on hold to talk to his supervisor to see IF he's supposed to see it, or if it indicates it's booked up.

Good luck. As with all shows there are always spaces available to book once on board the ship. Not ideal but at least it is available.

I would have thought that the Freedom would have been the same as Liberty in terms of booking the character breakfast but it looks like its not. I guess you do have to wait and book on board.

The only other thing I can think of is that even though you book it under specialty restaurants that it opens up when reservations for the ice show open up. Again not sure just a guess.

I went back to the website and it has a blanket statement that you book online. So I called again.

Figuring out how to book the ice show took all of my brain power, LOL. Not sure why, but the two short Disney cruises we took this year just messed me up in terms of how RCCL does things.

Ah, the supervisor said that if they can't see it it means it's sold out. Drat. One of the BIG reasons we booked FOS was for Dreamworks (but the bigger reason was because of the interesting itinerary 1/26), and I really wish I had managed to figure out that I could have booked this at 90 days (according to the guy I just spoke with). DCL obviously messed up my brain because you can't book things until you made final payment, so I had NO idea I could have booked *anything* before that point with RCCL.

Sigh.

Edited by mollyeilis

I went back to the website and it has a blanket statement that you book online. So I called again.

Figuring out how to book the ice show took all of my brain power, LOL. Not sure why, but the two short Disney cruises we took this year just messed me up in terms of how RCCL does things.

Ah, the supervisor said that if they can't see it it means it's sold out. Drat. One of the BIG reasons we booked FOS was for Dreamworks (but the bigger reason was because of the interesting itinerary 1/26), and I really wish I had managed to figure out that I could have booked this at 90 days (according to the guy I just spoke with). DCL obviously messed up my brain because you can't book things until you made final payment, so I had NO idea I could have booked *anything* before that point with RCCL.

Sigh.

Interesting about the comment that you can't book anything unless you've made final payment.

With my December Liberty cruise we made reservations for the ice show when it opened up at about 115 days out and didn't make final payment until 90 days out. Gotta love RCI for its inconsistencies.:)

Interesting about the comment that you can't book anything unless you've made final payment.

With my December Liberty cruise we made reservations for the ice show when it opened up at about 115 days out and didn't make final payment until 90 days out. Gotta love RCI for its inconsistencies.:)

Oh I mean I thought that that was the rule. Because the DCL rules obliterated my brain, apparently. :) But the second guy I talked to said I could have booked before final payment.

Then again, maybe I could call a 3rd time and find out something different and also opposing? :p

Well now I don't know. After all, the OP here never saw it open for their cruise and I think they were looking before I started to look. And there's another thread about the character breakfasts, and some are saying that for their cruises it never was available for online booking. Hoping my cruise is in that camp!

Edited by mollyeilis