Arrival of Sunshine

Thanks to all for the great information. We were on the Sunshine T/A and I thought I would fill in some details for you. On Friday the captain informed us that we would be docking on Saturday evening at approximately 11 am. They wanted to get the ship in early to begin loading on the necessary supplies for today's naming ceremony. Unfortunately things did not go quite as planned.

During the long stop on the river we were boarded by US Immigration for a FULL check of the entire crew. All crew members had to present passports and be screened before the ship would be allowed to proceed. When we went to dinner (5:30-ish) one of our servers was late getting there because of her screening. Then, during dinner, another one of our servers was pulled out of the MDR for screening. Once that process was completed a pilot came on board and we began to move again.

Debarkation was a mess this morning--but it had nothing to do with Carnival. Because the journey had originated outside off the US there was a complete and thorough check of ALL passengers at the port. This delayed the debarkation process considerably. We were zone 18, scheduled to debark at 8 am. At 8 the CD came on to tell everyone to sit tight because of the backlog in the terminal. We finally left the Lido at 9:45, and we did not leave the terminal until 11.

I have to say that the Carnival folks were amazing. They kept us informed on board, and in the terminal they were very friendly and informational. This is not and will not be the normal procedure--it was the nature of the T/A.

Will post more on the cruise itself later but for now just want to say it was a GREAT experience for us.

I'm glad you like it, Bill. Enjoy your cruise with John and Jaime this week. I am SO jealous! But I'm only a few weeks behind you, so I'll be fine.

- Jim Zim

a.k.a. Spaniel Lover

Yep- we made it on the ship! have already seen a number of people that I know.

Heard of some water leaks on the TA but looked high and low and the only bucket I saw belonged to a cabin steward cleaning. I wouldn't be surprised to see some, but ya never know.

WHO DAT!

Go Saints!