Captain Bryan on 7/5

01Sweetpea

Hi all.. we just got back from the Miracle and thought I'd share my thoughts on this excustion we did, especially since everyone was so helpful to me.

Captain Bryan's is a top notch place. Don't be put off by the meeting place, behind the bakery, it's well worth it. I should start off by saying that on this excursion was me & DH (mid 30's) and our 3 kids (12,9,9).

We took the 9am tour on the Hannibal...there were 25 of us total on board. After an easy check in we were on the bus in 15 minutes. A short ride to the pier, you see ALOT on construction going on, then onto the boat. Our driver was Oscar and his assistant was Jico, and they were great.

We had a nice ride to the sandbar, and then into the water. The stingrays are a little ominious at first, you see the LARGE black objects swimming towards you, but once you get in it is fun. We got to touch them, feed them, take pictures with them, etc.

My 9yos were a little afraid, and spent alot of time getting use to them, however Oscar was right there, offering to take pictures of the kids, bringing the stingrays right to the kids (who were holding onto DH & I for dear life for part of the time). It was wonderful.

Then we went to the second stop at the reef. The water was VERY rough, but I think it had to do with the storms brewing. The 9yos had a tough time swimming (even with life vests on) and decided to stay on the boat. DH, the 12yo & I really enjoyed ourselves.

On the way back we switched drivers and Javid came on, so we got to see the Buccaneer. There wasn't alot of wind so we half sailed half motored back. Jico rinsed everyone off so that the salt water wouldn't itch.

After this we spent an hour or so shopping then the tender back to the ship. All in all we had a great day.

Glad you had a good time! Was thinking about you and wondering how it went!

Loved the guys at Captain Bryans...if we go back to Grand Cayman, we will definitely book with them again!

Aren't you glad you took the earlier tour so you could relax a bit...I heard one poster say they made it back about 7 mintues before the last tender last week from the later tour. I couldn't cope with that...:)

Hope you had a great trip!

Stef

Archived