Gem life boat drill?

NoName

No life jackets and indoors

While most stations are indoors in restaurants and other venues, that's not true for all stations. We were in OK category cabin on deck 8 midship and our muster station (IIRC it was "J") was outside on the promenade deck (deck 7) - this was on Pearl but applies to all Jewel class ships.

I am probably a real minority here. I used to kinda like the outdoor lifejacket wearing mustard drill. My wife would get lost in the crowd some times and she would have katchup at the lifeboat station. It was just part of the experience and I enjoyed it for what it was. But I know most folks being on vacation, it is just a half hour of inconvienience.

Our last cruise our mustard was put on the Theater for our group of staterooms.

I just want it to be done prior to sail away.

Once down in Port Canaveral the Disney Wonder was pulling out past us during our drill. All I wanted was to be out on a top deck waving at the other guys as they passed. We were stuck out doors under the lifeboats on the opposite side of the ship hearing the cheering going on.

Jon

I just want it to be done prior to sail away.

well for all our last few NCL cruises, we did the muster drill and made back to our stateroom for sail-a-way.

not sure if it was this way for everyone

well for all our last few NCL cruises, we did the muster drill and made back to our stateroom for sail-a-way.

not sure if it was this way for everyone

Yep, NCL has held muster drills before sail away as long as we've been cruising with them. Not all other cruise lines have been doing that, and that was one of the changes that cruise lines agreed themselves within their association (the SOLAS rule of muster drill being held within first 24 hrs hasn't changed afaik) after the Costa Concordia incident.