Help!

Wendytx

Panicking a little here...we are boarding the Triumph this Saturday. My 19 year old DD had her wallet stolen last night. Her passport wasn't inside, but her driver's license was. Will she be allowed to board and disembark in ports of call with only a passport? Or will we be able to obtain a picture ID that quickly? Yikes...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We leave saturday too on the triumph! Wooooo hooooo!

Your dd should be fine with just the pp and boarding pass. She may want to take her pp off when in port in case they ask to see a photo id with the s&s card. Some will say they have never had to shoe a photo to get back on the ship, but we have however I can't recall which stop.

See you on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Panicking a little here...we are boarding the Triumph this Saturday. My 19 year old DD had her wallet stolen last night. Her passport wasn't inside, but her driver's license was. Will she be allowed to board and disembark in ports of call with only a passport? Or will we be able to obtain a picture ID that quickly? Yikes...

We will be leaving with you also!

I do not believe I have ever had to show my ID on the ship. The only thing they ask for is your passport as far as I remember.

Passport is all she will need but make sure then that she takes it off the ship with her in case she needs to show a photo ID to get back to the ship. I too, have had to show photo ID along with Sail and Sign card but don't remember which ports.

I agree with all previous posters. Passport will be enough to get on the ship and for customs when you return.

There are some ports which require you to show a photo id when returning to the ship. This has to do with the port and not the ship so in these cases you show the port agent your S&S card and a photo id when walking through the security area of the port itself. You don't have to show the photo id when you "ding" yourself back on the ship. I can't remember all the ports that I have had to do this but I seem to recall Cozumel and Ocho Rios and a couple of others. It was always listed in the Fun Times on the Cover Page and also on the back page with port info but I usually bring a photo id off the ship regardless just in case.

As far as replacing her ID....I guess that depends on how it works in your area and where you live. When my DD had to replace her DL due to a stolen wallet she went to DMV with the necessary items and they replaced it immediately. We also happen to live in a City with a full service DMV office.

You are fine, a passport trumps any other form of ID. Just remember to take it off the ship with you when you get off as a form of ID. The only port I *know* requires you to show ID is Cozumel. But there are plenty of Islands I haven't been to, or haven't been to recently.

If you can get a quick replacement for the driver's license I urge you to do so.

On the ship, if she wants to get into the dance clubs, she will need a picture id. She won't want to be carrying her passport all evening. (As well as not being able to fit into the pockets of her clothes she will want to dance in.)

She will need it every time she enters and leaves the club. They do not have bathrooms inside, so she will be in and out.

If you can get a quick replacement for the driver's license I urge you to do so.

On the ship, if she wants to get into the dance clubs, she will need a picture id. She won't want to be carrying her passport all evening. (As well as not being able to fit into the pockets of her clothes she will want to dance in.)

She will need it every time she enters and leaves the club. They do not have bathrooms inside, so she will be in and out.

Good point. I had not considered that as a reason for getting a temporary license.

You are fine, a passport trumps any other form of ID. Just remember to take it off the ship with you when you get off as a form of ID. The only port I *know* requires you to show ID is Cozumel. But there are plenty of Islands I haven't been to, or haven't been to recently.

I'll be Cozumel in February, are my children required to show ID ad well? (12, 15, 16)

The only problem I would forsee is if you went on some kind of excursion that she would be driving. Even then, I'm not sure it would matter.

Have Fun!

I'll be Cozumel in February, are my children required to show ID ad well? (12, 15, 16)

To answer your question, yes, the 16yr old has to have a picture ID to get on the ship on Embarkation day and at some ports. A passport, driver's license, or state ID will all suffice. anyone under the age of 16yrs old it is not required.

In Illinois we can walk into the driver license facility, pay $20, and walk out with an official state I'd that includes your photo. We all have them in my family because I prefer to bring them at ports rather than the DL. We keep the passports in the safe.

In Illinois we can walk into the driver license facility, pay $20, and walk out with an official state I'd that includes your photo. We all have them in my family because I prefer to bring them at ports rather than the DL. We keep the passports in the safe.

In Texas it is against state law to have both.