Beer Tubes

smc1313s

The 101 oz. beer tubes seem to be a really good value compared to buying individuals. I have a question though, does it stay cold? There's nothing worse than warm beer!

Drink it fast :p. It's like ordering a pitcher, nothing to keep it cold. I drank one by myself once (just to say I did it) and it stayed cold for the 45 minutes it took me to drink it...at least I think it did LOL. :eek:

Why not just share it....but the tube and get glasses to share. If they won't give them to you at the bar then just stop in the buffet and grab a few

They will give you as many glasses as you want. Lots of groups get these and share them. When they finish one (keep in mind, there are about 6 glasses in a tube), they order another cold one :).

Hmmm.

101 oz. is 6 normal pints, at 16oz each.

According to the Red Frog menu though, they serve 19oz "pints", so you're getting a 3oz bonus when served...so provided they use the same glasses, 101/19 comes out to roughly 5 pints.

6 19oz RF "pints" would be a total of 114oz, at 5.50/pint for $33.

5 19oz RF "pints" would be a total of 95oz, at 5.50/pint for $27.50.

If it's roughly 5 pints plus a little more, you're getting about 6 extra ounces for $0.50.

Seems effectively to be the same prices as individuals, except it comes in the tube. As someone who has been to restaurants that offer the tubes, even with a group of 3-4 people, they go pretty quickly.

Hmmm.

101 oz. is 6 normal pints, at 16oz each.

According to the Red Frog menu though, they serve 19oz "pints", so you're getting a 3oz bonus when served...so provided they use the same glasses, 101/19 comes out to roughly 5 pints.

6 19oz RF "pints" would be a total of 114oz, at 5.50/pint for $33.

5 19oz RF "pints" would be a total of 95oz, at 5.50/pint for $27.50.

If it's roughly 5 pints plus a little more, you're getting about 6 extra ounces for $0.50.

Seems effectively to be the same prices as individuals, except it comes in the tube. As someone who has been to restaurants that offer the tubes, even with a group of 3-4 people, they go pretty quickly.

You are correct on your math. It really is not that much of a deal when you compare it to the pints from the bar. I was basing it on buying single bottles of Bud Light, which are 12 oz. each at $5.75, which is what I normally do. Of course I know you can get a bucket at a discount which I do also sometimes, and I forget the discount at the moment. So to me it seems to be a better value.

Drink it fast :p. It's like ordering a pitcher, nothing to keep it cold. I drank one by myself once (just to say I did it) and it stayed cold for the 45 minutes it took me to drink it...at least I think it did LOL. :eek:

I was thinking my wife and I would split it, not that I couldn't drink it all on my own though. 45 minutes...I could probably match that:D But I'm sure going that fast I wouldn't know whether it was cold or not either!

I was thinking my wife and I would split it, not that I couldn't drink it all on my own though. 45 minutes...I could probably match that:D But I'm sure going that fast I wouldn't know whether it was cold or not either!

Sharing would have probably been a better idea but I don't know if it would have been as much fun. The guys were all sharing them :p.

424835_3502312923077_811812256_n.jpg

The ones I've had in the past had an inner tube inside the beer tube, for ice, keeping it super frosty cold. :D

You mean these ones do not have that? Bummer. Yeah, I'd need to share then, cause I hate warm beer.

Edited by Smart Arsenal Fan

We order these locally - once they get down to about 80 ounces the bartender puts a "chill stick" in the tube to keep the beer nice and cool. Don't know about Carnival though, but definitely ask! I agree, nothing worse than warm beer!