what time is the sunshine leaving

papillon cruiser

I noticed she is still in port. Maybe they are trying to repair some of the issues:). It is a little disheartening. I will be sailing on her next Sunday. Does the whole ship have plumbing and hot water problems?

Stayed in 3 different cabins on Carnival Sunshine and never any plumbing and/or hot water issues, so I'm thinking not.

Here's a video I made. I set up a script to grab the pictures from the webcam every minute, and put them in order by date-time. I then used a time-lapse video creator to make the three segments (slow-fast-slow sections). Then pulled those into iMovie and added the music. Enjoy!

The lovely Mrs. was on Deck 7, and had plumbing problems off and on during the 28 days or so she was aboard. (Med Cruise, B2B with the Trans Atlantic)

She tried, and REALLY liked Ji Ji.

Like I said,,,, nothing that was a "deal breaker" aboard "Sunshine", but lots of little things that made the cruise aboard "Sunshine" less than the perfect cruise ship that Carnival has made it out to be. (We BOTH enjoyed "Breeze" far more than "Sunshine".)

I would recommend "Sunshine" with what I know from my wife, but I do think that right now (until they fix a lot of little problems) there are lots of better choices out there. ;)

"SKY"

Here's a video I made. I set up a script to grab the pictures from the webcam every minute, and put them in order by date-time. I then used a time-lapse video creator to make the three segments (slow-fast-slow sections). Then pulled those into iMovie and added the music. Enjoy!

Thanks, again, for another great video :)

We just got off the Sunshine yesterday. The ship is beautiful and most of the staff is amazingly helpful. With that said, the ship is way over crowded. The piano bar was often at max capacity, so security would not let people come inside. The comedy club was an obvious after thought. Very few people can see the comedian! The side seats look at a side wall with 100% obstructed view from comedian. So Carnival installed a tv view of comedian. The lido deck is JAM PACKED With toe stub'n chairs and hundreds of people. I saw many occasions where handicapped individuals were not able to make it across the deck. We had AC problems, showered that would not drain, balcony door would not seal shut so the 47 mph wind created a loud whistle.

The great highlights include the Alchemy Bar. Prices were similar to other drinks but absolutely great tasting drinks, even agreed by non-regular drinkers! The Havana Bar area was beautiful and we loved eating in the area. ***Best new feature was the Meritech Hand Washing stations!!!!!!!!*** all the kids used them and used them often. I'll beat this cruise had the best sanitization of passenger hands than any other Carnival cruise. One would simple insert hands into two holes, then the machine would run briefly like a dishwasher machine and sanitize your hands!!! Too cool.

I also got off the Sunshine yesterday. I must have been on a different lido deck than MrKash. Was it a little crowded? Yes, but no more than any other cruise I've been on. Very minimal waiting in lines for food because of the many options. I do agree with the comedy club. The blind spot areas make no sense. Put the bars right there and add seats where the bar is now. Anyway beautiful ship and I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic app

***Best new feature was the Meritech Hand Washing stations!!!!!!!!*** all the kids used them and used them often. I'll beat this cruise had the best sanitization of passenger hands than any other Carnival cruise. One would simple insert hands into two holes, then the machine would run briefly like a dishwasher machine and sanitize your hands!!! Too cool.

I'll be on the December 15th Sunshine cruise and can't wait. Should I be nervous that one of the best things you can say about the cruise ship was it had an impressive hand sanitation process? :)

How was the food? Did you hear anything about changes to the menu? Were you happy with your room?

"the Meritech Hand Washing stations" I seen those on the Disney ships prior to seeing it on the Carnival lines and thought why is this not on ALL ships (all Carnival and any others that may not have them). When I first saw that machine and used it, I couldn't believe how great that was. Just wish I would have invented it. Ha!

Good to see you back Gregg! Can't wait to talk to ya to hear all about the cruise!