Sydney - music/dance show at the port - ?

Beach4me

I just found a 3-year old video of "The Spirit of the Fiddle" out on youtube. Looks like the show was put on by 3 people. Folks were sitting on folding chairs around small tables.

If this is what it's like, I think it's about $40 over-priced and will probably pass on this. Just thought it would be a fun way to end the day.

If anyone has attended this "excursion" this past cruise season, I'd be interested in hearing if it is still the same as it was in the 3-year old video.

Thanks again.

We went to this show from our Summit Oct. 9 cruise and absolutely loved it! Yes, there were only 3 people, and yes, there was nothing fancy about the room. However, they were 3 extremely talented people and we thought it was a wonderful performance. The music is unique - influences from both the Celtic and French settlers. The French settlers were banished after the French & Indian War and migrated south; they eventually settled in New Orleans and their music became what we now know at Zydeco. The 24 year old female singer/dancer/musician, Fiona, was one of the most talented people we've seen in a long time.

If you're expecting a Broadway-type show, then skip it. If you love beautiful and unusual music, then go and have a great experience.

• 1 month later...

We have done this twice. Enjoyed it. Advantage is that it is right at the port terminal. It is scooter, w/c accessible, warm, cozy room. Cookies, tea, water available. Talented threesome, folk type music. Sydney can be cold, windy port. Very happy to have something right there for all to do. Vicki