A question about fares and price drops

Boof80

If we take advantage of a price drop do we keep the exact same staterooms that we have seleted or are carnival able to move us to where ever they want?

We have selected specific rooms on a specific deck (3 x aft staterooms on the Glory 7440, 7434 & 7442). We wanted to take advantage of the extra long balconies on 7440 and 7434. So the actual cabins are more important to us than a price drop. But if I can have both then why not!:D

Cheers

Boof

If we take advantage of a price drop do we keep the exact same staterooms that we have seleted or are carnival able to move us to where ever they want?

We have selected specific rooms on a specific deck (3 x aft staterooms on the Glory 7440, 7434 & 7442). We wanted to take advantage of the extra long balconies on 7440 and 7434. So the actual cabins are more important to us than a price drop. But if I can have both then why not!:D

Cheers

Boof

People have been moved when price matching to a "guarantee" rate so be careful.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We just had a price drop on our Hawaii cruise in January 2015. If you call Carnival you get the option of an upgrade, OBC, or price reduction. If you submit the drop online, you only get OBC or upgrade. I am like you and select my ship position so the upgrade doesn't interest me at all. Give me the price reduction every time. Good luck....

You need to call Carnival about this, and ASAP before the pricing changes. Shame on you for even starting a thread about this instead of just calling them and asking them if they will do it.

Why would you chastise someone (a newbie) for asking question(s). That is what this board is for (or so I thought).

OP:

Yes, Carnival could answer this for you, and re-assure you about whether your cabin selections would be affected.

The only thing with price drops that you have to be aware of, is when they are for Guarantee's (which don't allow you to select your cabin), and as long as you stay away from them, you will keep your chosen cabins and take advantage of the price drop (provided you booked Early Saver, OR are not beyond final payment).

You need to call Carnival about this, and ASAP before the pricing changes. Shame on you for even starting a thread about this instead of just calling them and asking them if they will do it.

Shame on you? What is there to be ashamed about? OP had a question and often you can get a quicker, more consistent answer here since most times folks are speaking from experience. The board is for questions and discussions. Nothing shameful about this thread other than you trying to be nasty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You need to call Carnival about this, and ASAP before the pricing changes. Shame on you for even starting a thread about this instead of just calling them and asking them if they will do it.[/quote]

Sorry - extremely rude response.:confused:

We just had a price drop on our Hawaii cruise in January 2015. If you call Carnival you get the option of an upgrade, OBC, or price reduction. If you submit the drop online, you only get OBC or upgrade. I am like you and select my ship position so the upgrade doesn't interest me at all. Give me the price reduction every time. Good luck....

Same here. Most times I would almost always choosw to keep the cabin (s) we hand picked. Call instead of filling out the form.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I said what I said because there is a bit of urgency with the much-desired aft cabins.

In a situation like this it doesn't matter what people on this forum say the OP can do - what matters is what Carnival says. The OP needs to contact Carnival before those cabins go away or the rates change.

This forum is a great resource for cruising information but sometimes people use this forum when they should be contacting Carnival.

Cheers

Boof

I said what I said because there is a bit of urgency with the much-desired aft cabins.

In a situation like this it doesn't matter what people on this forum say the OP can do - what matters is what Carnival says. The OP needs to contact Carnival before those cabins go away or the rates change.

This forum is a great resource for cruising information but sometimes people use this forum when they should be contacting Carnival.

If you had read the OP's post, they have the aft cabins already booked, and with a price drop available, wanted to be sure that they didn't have to give them up to get the price drop.

Only sense of urgency is if the price drop disappears...which can happen in a short space of time, or last for days...depending on the promotion. Since they are in Australia, this forum may have seemed the easiest route to go.

Cheers

Boof

What date are you cruising? We are cruising 2-16-14 and I have 7439 but wanted 7434 so I could get 7430 for my party of 3 so they could be next door!! I have been haunting the Carnival site hoping I could switch but no such luck!!

I have had a couple of price drops for both cabins and I specifically put in the form DO NOT MOVE MY ROOM. I could have upgraded to a spa balcony for the same price but I want the extra long balcony myself!!

It is still very rude to shame someone. Who made you parent of the year? Everyone knows if you call you get a different answer from each person you may speak to. Best to get some info before calling and be prepared.

It is still very rude to shame someone. Who made you parent of the year? Everyone knows if you call you get a different answer from each person you may speak to. Best to get some info before calling and be prepared.

Everyone knows if you post on CC you get a different answer from everyone. The big difference is that nothing posted on CC has any sort of impact on the OP's booking. That can only be changed by Carnival.

Haha I am Australian, we know no shame.:rolleyes:

Really ????

The OP lives in AUSTRALIA - 16 hour time difference !

Is it really that hard to just say "glad we were able to help".

We were all "newbie's" once...Geesh.

You don't say? You'll notice that I asked if Carnival has someone local to that area. Since Carnival sails out of Australia it would make sense, yes?

Or did you not realize that they could have a local call center or have someone in Miama work night hours to cover other time zones across the globe? Who said anything about this cruiser being a newbie? To me it sounds like the OP is experienced. By the way..."newbie's" should not have the apostrophe in it - it doesn't make sense based off of your usage of the word in that sentance as it makes it possessive.

Companies that serve an international market generally have call centers in numerous locations and /or call centers that work around the clock.

Edited by arush5268d

You don't say? You'll notice that I asked if Carnival has someone local to that area. Since Carnival sails out of Australia it would make sense, yes?

Or did you not realize that they could have a local call center or have someone in Miama work night hours to cover other time zones across the globe? Who said anything about this cruiser being a newbie? To me it sounds like the OP is experienced. By the way..."newbie's" should not have the apostrophe in it - it doesn't make sense based off of your usage of the word in that sentance as it makes it possessive.

Companies that serve an international market generally have call centers in numerous locations and /or call centers that work around the clock.

Carnival Australia will only handle the bookings made for sailings from Australia.

Do you have a call centre schedule for Miami because I sure as **** couldn't find one on the website.

You know what I was giving you the benfit of the doubt but you really are unpleasant.

FYI- this is my first cruise but due to posters on here usually being very helpful I have been able to find just about all the information I needed without asking a million questions to bother people like you.

Edited by Boof80

Miami only has one "a" in it as well.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Carnival Australia will only handle the bookings made for sailings from Australia.

Do you have a call centre schedule for Miami because I sure as **** couldn't find one on the website.

You know what I was giving you the benfit of the doubt but you really are unpleasant.

FYI- this is my first cruise but due to posters on here usually being very helpful I have been able to find just about all the information I needed without asking a million questions to bother people like you.

I don't have a schedule. I figured they would have a local crew that would be able to be specialized in the local market they are serving - and support those customers all the way through the cruise. Guess not.