Chocolate wine

pamrose228

I love chocolate wines and wondered if CCL will allow me to bring this on board(in my carry on) as my wine allotment.

Also as a side note, my local discount liquor store is selling Capt, Morgan (large size) for $14.99 (they don't have the space for this size)....I bought two bottles.

I love chocolate wine and took two bottles with me on last cruise, I took one in my carry on and my wife took the other, we packed her box wine in my checked luggage......there are several brands of chocolate wine and I do like most of them all......you will have no problem getting on board with your wine....the Captain Morgan will have to be smuggled.

Ooooooo NOT my favorite. I've tried a couple and they are all pretty ugly tasting. I haven't met anyone who has liked it, so I'm surprised it's still out there on the market. I guess someone likes it, huh?

But to answer your question, it's wine, you can carry it on as long as it's 750 ml or under.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

Ooooooo NOT my favorite. I've tried a couple and they are all pretty ugly tasting. I haven't met anyone who has liked it, so I'm surprised it's still out there on the market. I guess someone likes it, huh?

But to answer your question, it's wine, you can carry it on as long as it's 750 ml or under.

DW really likes Chocovine. The wine store we frequent sells a lot, especially around winter holidays. Not a big seller in hot weather, must be served cold.

My mother loves it, me not so much. But, if you mix it with some milk it kinda taste like a White Russian, I can drink it that way.

It is indeed an ugly taste. Even my friends won't drink it. I guess it takes very selective tastebuds to like it.:o

I love chocolate wines and wondered if CCL will allow me to bring this on board(in my carry on) as my wine allotment.

Also as a side note, my local discount liquor store is selling Capt, Morgan (large size) for $14.99 (they don't have the space for this size)....I bought two bottles.

You might be able to bring on the Capt Morgan using rum runners.

Someone gave me a bottle of Chocovine as a gift, so we took it onboard the Pride last year. The taste reminded me of Yoohoo.

Haha, you beat me to it!! I was just going to post that it tastes like mildly alcoholic Yoohoo. We had a bottle of it last year and sat in our fridge for 6 months after opening it....we finally threw it out. Not worth the calories. :p

Laura

I'm glad the OP like chocolate wine, but I've had the displeasure to taste a couple of the different offerings and in my opnion, it's neither wine nor chocolate. I like both of those, but the combination is terrible.

Want chocolate wine??? Here's a great recipe.......

1)Pour a glass of your favorite red wine

2) Open your favorite chocolate candy

3) Hold the wine in your left hand... Sip

4) Hold the chocolate in your right hand....bite

Repeat steps 3 and 4 as needed. I promise it will be a much more palate pleasing experience that any chocolate wine!! :D

Really? wow. They can't keep it on the shelves where I live. It's very popular.

Some say it's like an adult chocolate milk. Others add ice cream or coffee for more of a shake or a hot drink. We're big fans if you can't tell. :D