Weather in September

muddsmom

We are considering taking the new ship Nautica, September, 2006 for a fourteen day cruise from Istanbul to Venice. We are hoping for cooler temps, but I get sea sick fairly easy and was wondering if the seas are rougher during September? We are going to request a cabin with verandah on the concierge level in the center of the ship. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

We were on a similar cruise last September. We had one sea day that some might characterize as rough. Aboard ship it was not bad but in the tender into port that was rough.

The weather was much cooler than in July and August and we kept hearing from the locals how much more pleasant it was in September. Daytime temperatures ranged from the low 70's to a couple of days in the mid 80's.

My husband and I will be on the same trip in Sept. 2006. My parents did a similar itinerary last year during the first two weeks of October and said that the weather was terrific. Highs in the 70-80's and lows at night in the 60's. They said it only rained on two days - and only once for the entire day and even then not terribly rough. I think the threat of a little rain would be better than the heat of full summer. Hope to see you on the trip.

Archived