Silly Signs

sunlovingirl

Okay I looked, and I didn't see a thread, but please re-direct me.

This is the funniest sign I have seen in forever, and I think there should be a silly signs thread, because this can't be the only one you've ever seen cruising!

I imagine after those "sore excursions" to Atlantis, you would need to "head to the spa because you're on vacation after all, you should pamper yourself"

LOL~

45580941_soreexcursion.jpg.795b7dc8f2984f3b0edf66c11328b3fc.jpg

I saw a picture of one from a friend's cruise on the Breeze. It was when they were in port and was directing people to the gangway. It said something like "This way to the Gangway, AKA That little bridge thingy from ship to shore". Something like that anyway. Not sure if it's silly but I kinda found it insulting. I mean, how old are we, about 2? Carnival, we're not stupid and don't appreciate being treated like we are (or being treated like little kids)!!!! :(

I saw a picture of one from a friend's cruise on the Breeze. It was when they were in port and was directing people to the gangway. It said something like "This way to the Gangway, AKA That little bridge thingy from ship to shore". Something like that anyway. Not sure if it's silly but I kinda found it insulting. I mean, how old are we, about 2? Carnival, we're not stupid and don't appreciate being treated like we are (or being treated like little kids)!!!! :(

that's kind of cute, actually. Many peole have no knowledge of ship-related terms.

that's kind of cute, actually. Many peole have no knowledge of ship-related terms.

True, but there must be a more adult/mature way of saying it. They manage to get across what thing like "Starboard", "Port", "Bow" or "Forward", "Stern" or "Aft" are without saying it like they're talking to a bunch of 4 year olds.

Now, I did like her luggage mat (the one on the bed on Embarkation day). I forget exactly what it said but it was cute!! :D

Edited by Avril

Seen on menus mostly: Shrimps instead of shrimp.

I see lots of misspellings onboard, I think because of foreign 1st language crew translating into English. Some are pretty funny.

The luggage mat says: a yoga mat for your luggage, if your luggage does yoga.

I think Carnival is doing a tongue in check kind of humor with the gangway aka little bridge thingy and not treating adults as kids with it.

The luggage mat says: a yoga mat for your luggage, if your luggage does yoga.

I think Carnival is doing a tongue in check kind of humor with the gangway aka little bridge thingy and not treating adults as kids with it.

Yes, I have seen that one but it's not the one my friend had. Her's was just as cute though!! :) Really wish I could remember what it said, I'll have to ask her.

You could be right about doing a tongue in cheek kind of humour. I just thought it was kinda insulting, just my opinion.

Edited by Avril

After 35 years working with the public, I can assure you that there are people , a great many of them , from all walks of life ,that are truly that stupid .

I amazes me how some people get up in the morning , wash, dress, and feed themselves. And I am not making any reference to people with any type of illness or handicap.

They need to have their hands held, butts wiped and wet nursed just to get through the day.

For every person like yourself that found it insulting to your intelligence. There is someone with a big wide eyed moment of clarity like Edith Bunker used to have saying "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH thats what that little thingy is"