Hotels in Barcelona

Hello -- me and a group of friends are taking the Oct 2005 Western Med. European cruise from Royal Carribean. There are 4 of us flying in on Sept 30th and will need a hotel to stay over in Barcelona. We are also going to stay one night after the cruise returns. I have read and read and read and have considered the following places, can anyone tell me about them or have recommendations:

Husa Oriente

Barcelo Sants

Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya :confused:

We stayed precruise on Los Ramblos at Hotel Royal-----great location. Then, post cruise at NHCalderon. Barcelona is a GREAT place to visit. Ride the blue and red buses, getting on and off wherever you chose. Have a great trip!!!!! Sorry, I don't know about the three hotels you mentioned.

Hello - Just to share our experience of last year. We were in Barcelona last October/early November 2004 and I was lucky enough to have searched through this site and discovered info on AC Diplomatic. It's a wonderful hotel right in the middle of Barcelona...it's modern, comfy, great marble bathrooms, good service, and a fridge that is refilled daily with cold drinks. I can't recall the price to the penny, but seems that it was around $135-140 per night. It was a lovely spot...also has a pool on the top floor should the weather be permitting it. I would most definitely go back in a heartbeat, and I am one picky person. You can easily walk a few blocks to the main avenue and catch a sightseeing bus...or walk to many great places to eat.

Good luck with your trip.

Susan

Archived