Giving Thanks

hulamoon

I just attempted to book a Giving Thanks promotion. I was told that ten percent is already baked into the price and we get the extra five percent if we are a loyalty member. Is this everyone elses' experience?

Secondly, i am wondering if these FCC make any sense anymore. I need to move one and because it is not combinable with senior rate, or basically almost any other rate I am not sure I get the benefit. Are these working for others? I keep kicking one down the road because the discount of the day is better.

Also, thanks to all of you for assisting in our cruising experience.

Edited by hulamoon

What is your question?

Her questions are perfectly clear:

1. Sharie, there should be (a) a "standard price" then (b) a Giving Thanks Non-loyalty price (discounted by 10%), then © a Giving Thanks Loyalty fare (discounted by 15%). I don't know if you were talking to a Travel Agent or a Celebrity Vacation Planner, but you should be able to get the three prices from either.

2. The FCC/Open Passages Certificate is helpful for any cruise that doesn't have a promotion that you can apply before Final Payment. Sometimes this is just a timing issue, and no promotion will be available to you, so the FCC gives you something. There are also cruises that are excluded from most promotions, such as a transatlantic or a transpacific, or a Pacific Coastal (in some instances). The new Open Passages programme doesn't give you much for a Transatlantic, but it does give you something and it is usually combinable with one other promotion, so be sure to ask your travel agent about what the OPC can be combined with.

I just booked a transatlantic with one of the "older" Open Passages, and was able to get $300 OBC. There have been no other promotions that this transatlantic was eligible for, so I was glad to get the $300 from the older Open Passage Certificate.

Hope that helps to answer you questions. :)

The first question was, are others finding that they are not getting 15% discount but 5% off the listed price under the giving thanks promotion. Before I buy it I want to double check this is true.

My second musing was about FCC. How are rest of you using these where they are the best promotion? Because they are so limited, it seems they have not been for us anymore.

Her questions are perfectly clear:

1. Sharie, there should be (a) a "standard price" then (b) a Giving Thanks Non-loyalty price (discounted by 10%), then © a Giving Thanks Loyalty fare (discounted by 15%). I don't know if you were talking to a Travel Agent or a Celebrity Vacation Planner, but you should be able to get the three prices from either.

2. The FCC/Open Passages Certificate is helpful for any cruise that doesn't have a promotion that you can apply before Final Payment. Sometimes this is just a timing issue, and no promotion will be available to you, so the FCC gives you something. There are also cruises that are excluded from most promotions, such as a transatlantic or a transpacific, or a Pacific Coastal (in some instances). The new Open Passages programme doesn't give you much for a Transatlantic, but it does give you something and it is usually combinable with one other promotion, so be sure to ask your travel agent about what the OPC can be combined with.

I just booked a transatlantic with one of the "older" Open Passages, and was able to get $300 OBC. There have been no other promotions that this transatlantic was eligible for, so I was glad to get the $300 from the older Open Passage Certificate.

Hope that helps to answer you questions. :)

Hi Waterlily,

So glad I asked because my TA had a celebrity rep on the phone who told her that the 10 percent was already baked into the price and i would get 5%. It does not feel like a sale this way. I was taken aback enough to postpone my booking.

Hi Waterlily,

So glad I asked because my TA had a celebrity rep on the phone who told her that the 10 percent was already baked into the price and i would get 5%. It does not feel like a sale this way. I was taken aback enough to postpone my booking.

Which cruise and which cabin category?

I was looking at Nov 23rd Eclipse 2014. AQ. And I thank you waterlily I just returned to Celebrity website and now see the little box telling me it was already discounted. Not used to the new way yet.

Thanks, I get it now.

Because I can"t get complete info from the Celebrity or the TA site i have both and another website up when talking to them. Can"t wait for improvements so i only need to see one website to book! lol

Here is what I have from a friend who is a TA:

Standard fare (before taxes):

A1 2,599.00

A2 2,449.00

Giving Thanks (non-loyalty) (= Standard - 10%)

A1 2,339.10

A2 2,204.10

Giving Thanks (Loyalty) (= Standard - 15%)

A1 2,209.15

A2 2,081.65

As far as I can understand, part of the new website upgrade was factoring in the available promotions before giving you your fare. By asking for particular information, the website gives you the opportunity to indicate whether you are available to receive the Senior discount, the resident discount, any Loyalty discount, etc. Then the website will calculate which promotion would be best for you, and will show you that fare.

If it didn't show you the 15% off fare, then perhaps you hadn't indicated that you were a Captain's Club member. :)

The fare shows up with a ten percent discount. There is a box showing a discount and fine print under shows a different price. I vote for show the standard fare and then show the discount. But it isn't that way now. Most sites just show the ten percent discount without signifying it is a discount.

Now I know.

Your TA is showing it with more clarity than I got from three sources today. :)

Giving "thanks" is over Nov 24th.

I actually clicked on an email for a Vet Day Military rate, yet the system showed the best rate to be a Senior discount, but whatever Thanks or Senior, it was close to $100 less pp than the best rate a few days prior. The sailing is also included in the Captain's Club Savings Certificate promo which goes through Nov 30th, and my TA had a $100 OBC. All three were combinable in this case.:)

Edited by Janet987

When I go to the Celebrity website to check the price of the cruise I already booked (yes - I look almost everyday!!! :eek: ), what I notice is that the 10% is the one that is listed. The fact that this is a promo price is clearly stated. I would assume that if you are a Captain's Club member, then the price goes down by another 5% from the original price.