On the Pride: Where to plug in laptop other than room

Silent Penguin

We'll be on the Pride next week, and I might want to work on my laptop for more than an hour at a time but my battery won't last that long. If I DON'T want to work in my room but in a public area of the ship instead, where would I find outlets for my computer's electrical cord?

Lots of places. The cleaning crews have to plug in floor polishers and vacuums.

I've found plugs along the public walkways (where photographers set up, and in dining areas.)

Thank you for providing a helpful answer. I expect with so many outlets here and there, I'll find a way to plug in my laptop without creating a nuisance for someone else.

When I was looking around on my last cruise for a place to plug in my phone and charge up while out wandering around all I could find were the european style plugs in the common areas.

Which type? There are several European plugs

I was going to say before the last poster mentioned it that you should bring a european plug. The type that works in Italy. Its the two round prong type. There si also one of these outlets in the cabin next to the US style outlet. I do know there are two types (one has fatter prongs than the other.. it looks like the one shown at this link -

http://www.rei.com/product/775157/rei-adapter-plug-e106-europe-and-asia,-black?preferredSku=7751570016&cm_mmc=cse_PLA-_-pla-_-product-_-7751570016&mr:trackingCode=6539D626-F8FA-DE11-BAE3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=36048180520&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=39033474520&msid=3PJf558l_dc|pcrid|36048180520|&{copy:s_kwcid}

Bring a travel adapter and your options on where you can plug in will greatly increase. And the side benefit is that the number of outlets you will have in your cabin will increase by one.

Another point on this... verify your laptop power converter (and anything else you which to plug into the Euro outlet) can take 220V 50Hz. Most power adapters/wall cube will have this infor printed on them.. just look at the "Input" rating and it will say something like 110/240V 50/60hz