Western Caribbean Cruise

carnival03

We are cruising on the Carnival Legend this upcoming april on a Western Caribbean cruise calling at Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel, and Mahogany Bay. Does anyone have tips, must see, must do things to share? Also anything to avoid or to not waste time on? Also is the popular 7-mile beach in Grand Cayman free? Thanks ahead of time!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Do some research on the Ports of Call section, mainly the Caribbean, for things to do and see - Cruise Critic is a most excellent resource when it comes to learning about and finding things to do at the various ports.

We did those same stops with Liberty in Sept. I love the western ports. So much we're heading back to Belize! Roatan and Cozumel next spring.

Be sure to check the port of call boards.

For caymans! stingray city is not to be missed.

For Belize! cave tubing is very popular.

For Roatan, there's beaches and monkeys.

For Cozumel! check out Chankanaab for the most selection! or just go snorkel at money bar.

Our choice:

Grand Cayman-picking a tour at the port $20 pp

Cozumel-hiring a driver for the day $105 for 3 hours

Check the port of call boards for lots of ideas

Years ago booked an adventure through Carnival for Belize. It was pricey but awesome. We went through caves, zip lined, repeled down a cliff and walked over a rope bridge. This was under extreme excursions on Carnival's webiste.

Have a great cruise no matter what you choose.

In Cozumel, I enjoyed Mr. Sanchos. This is an all inclusive beach where you can eat AND drink most items free. The price, if I remember correctly is $45 per person. You can reserve for $5 per person and pay the balance when you get there. The exception on the menu are lobster dishes and imported beers.

Seven Mile Beach is free. A long stretch with lots of beach clubs along way. If you buy food and drink you can often use their chairs/tables for free.

Cozumel - Look into paradise Beach. You can google it. Pay-as-you-go for drinks and food.

Roatan - West Bay beaches are good. Zip-line here if you like ziplining.

Belize - Check out cave-tubing. Very unique.

Have fun!

Thanks, I was not aware of a port of call board sorry. Thanks for the info and we're more beach, and adventurous type of people any suggestions?

We are going CAVE TUBING next week in Belize! Will write the review on vivtours when we get back. I have heard great things about Little French Key in Roatan and we are doing independent Chankanaab in Cozumel

Seeya when we get back..............

-Boomer

We are going CAVE TUBING next week in Belize! Will write the review on vivtours when we get back. I have heard great things about Little French Key in Roatan and we are doing independent Chankanaab in Cozumel

Seeya when we get back..............

-Boomer

Have an awesome time! I'll be sure to read the review! Safe Travels :D

We have done the Legend two years ago. We loved the ports, except Grand Cayman because we missed that stop r/t weather.

Cozumel - Cozumel Bar Hop! So fun, 4 great stops on the eastern side. Each you are offered a shot and all I believe you can buy food, we ordered food at 2 just to try local food. You are transported on a bus with A/C and your guide is very informative. All stops are on the beach and beautiful.

Belize - Xunantunich Mayan Ruins. Great tour, 2 hour bus ride where you get to see the country. Your guide tells you about the culture. The Ruins are amazing! You stop at a local place for lunch which was great!

Roatan - Mahogany Bay. We just took the day to enjoy the beach and it was great! They had a nice snorkeling area for my husband to check out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app