When to get on Legend in Tampa?

mappermom

I had already done some research in this forum and many people said to come early (10-ish) because you will probably be on the ship by 11/11:30. Nevertheless, I then get an email from Carnival telling us not to come before 1pm. So who do I listen to? Experienced cruisers or the company? Last cruise, 4 years ago out of Jacksonville, we got there about 2pm and it was chaos.

I get there about 10:30 to drop off luggage, park and then go in.

Sometimes they won't let you drive up to the terminal b/c people are still getting off and they have you drive around the block.

Last time after once around the block they allowed me to pull in around the front but not up to the terminal. Got a porter to put my orange VIP tags on which took a bit of time as there were only a few porters and several vehicles with lots of luggage. I parked and got the shuttle back and was upstairs checking in at 10:55. We boarded about 11:30.

Just got off the Legend on Sunday. We arrived at about 10:30-by 10:45 we were sitting in terminal waiting to board. They started boarding at about 11:30 with Diamond/Platinum, FTTF and then handicapped. We were in Zone 3 and boarded a little before noon, went to lido for lunch and cabins were ready by 12:30. By the time we were ready to board, the terminal was full and had no places left to sit (until they started). There seemed to be a huge amount of wheelchairs, walkers and scooters on our cruise.:) Oh and don't miss the illusion show and also the guitar show by Edd--they were both FANTASTIC!