Age restriction on any nightclub or shows?

MrsJones02

My DH and I are traveling with a friend and her girlfriend who is only 19. Will she be able to attend the nightclubs and shows with us without drinking? Any info would be helpful.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Last year on our NY's cruise on the NCL SUN with our DD who was 19 we signed a form allowing her to purchase and consume beer or wine on board. Her sail and sign card was marked as such.

Edited by Karysa

Last year on our NY's cruise on the NCL SUN with our DD who was 19 we signed a form allowing her to purchase and consume beer or wine on board. Her sail and sign card was marked as such.

I think only parents can sign the consent form so that may not work if the 19 year old is their DD' s friend.

I think only parents can sign the consent form so that may not work if the 19 year old is their DD' s friend.

I think we both got it wrong.:D looks like its the OP's friends girlfriend who is 19. She will yes be able to join the rest in the adult venues but not be able to purchase alcohol. She legally will not be able to consume alcohol on the ship but if the legal drinking age is 19 or younger, like it is in most countries she will be legal on land.;)

I think we both got it wrong.:D looks like its the OP's friends girlfriend who is 19. She will yes be able to join the rest in the adult venues but not be able to purchase alcohol. She legally will not be able to consume alcohol on the ship but if the legal drinking age is 19 or younger, like it is in most countries she will be legal on land.;)

Thanks, that's very helpful! Just didn't want someone to be excluded.

Thanks, that's very helpful! Just didn't want someone to be excluded.

You are welcome. It's probably best to have her carry her sign and sail card with her just in case she is "carded" while entering the 18 and older venues. Enjoy your cruise.:)

One more thing that I should add OP. Last year on the cruise where DD was 19 (with consent to drink wine and beer while on the cruise) we booked an NCL excursion called the Champagne Catamaran sail and snorkel to St. John. Our DD was refused alcohol while on this excursion due to a previous issue and change in policy. The funny part was the kids that our other DD's met in the teen club ( under 18 ) used fake I.D. while on the excursion with their parents and were served alcohol on the catamaran. The USVI drinking age is 18 so we were very surprised that this occurred.

Edited by Karysa