South Pacific Experience

Sunprince

Hi all, I' d be interested in hearing your thoughts and experience on the NZ to Tahiti itinerary. Also, for anyone departing Canada (Toronto), do you have any advice on the best flight options, preferably in business class. What flight routes have you had via Oceania air vs taking the air credit and booking on your own?

Many thanks

Edited by Sunprince

Hi all, I' d be interested in hearing your thoughts and experience on the NZ to Tahiti itinerary. Also, for anyone departing Canada (Toronto), do you have any advice on the best flight options, preferably in business class. What flight routes have you had via Oceania air vs taking the air credit and booking on your own?

Many thanks

I would take the extra time and depart from Sydney that will give you 3 days on NZ where you can explore around Auckland.

Your best ports will be Lutoka for getting off shore to a day island. Pago Pago for the National park. Get out of Suva along the eastern not southern coast. Noumea is just a industrial mining town ( rust covered from the nickel smelter. Apia... Robert Louis stevensons home Bay of islands glow worm caves the bay rough windy and not great.

And yes its a requirement for your sanity for Business class minimum...its from Toronto a 20 hour flight. You want to do it this way fly day 1 to LA 6 hours, spend 1 to 2 days then 12 to 14 hour non stop to either Aukland to Sudney. cheaper and more flights to Sydney plus you will see milford sound, Tasmania, the great Melbourne coast, Dunedin...and Christchurch... Its not all that great from Auckland as the striking landscape is all behind you

In ALL towns in the south pacific you will have to research and tie up any tours as they are very remote and small and there will be NO options for a person just showing up....

Do a search I have answered this many times