any one try snuba?

ilovelibnj14!

• 3 weeks later...
We are sailing on the Carnival Glory in Feb and we are thinking about doing snuba. has any one done it? Do you think a 8 y/o could do it (she is a good swimmer). I like to do ship trips and it is offered in St Thomas and grand turk. Any opinion on either place?

Thanks

I have SNUBAed in Grand Cayman, and its more than being a good swimmer. I had a hard time staying down in the water. Had to keep coming up to the surface and get more weights put on me. Make sure she is weighted down good.

Also, she will need to be able to keep her line tangle free.

It is very hard to take pictures if she is wanting to do that. Focusing on breathing, keeping tangle free, etc... is hard to do.

• 4 weeks later...
We are sailing on the Carnival Glory in Feb and we are thinking about doing snuba. has any one done it? Do you think a 8 y/o could do it (she is a good swimmer). I like to do ship trips and it is offered in St Thomas and grand turk. Any opinion on either place?

Thanks

My son did it in St Thomas when he was 13. He loved it. The dive guides were excellent and weighted him correctly so he stayed down. The guides at Coral World were over the top good and professional. Your 8 year old should be fine. One thing that might help is if she can snorkel, it's a complete different experience, but having the experience will help her with her underwater comfort. She can learn to snorkel in a pool if she doesn't already know.