Passport question

WA Girl

Hi, we are first time cruisers in Europe/Mediterranean on MSC Fantasia, next September, just wondering what the procedure is for collecting passports at end of cruise.

Can you collect it before the last morning at all :confused:

Thanks

Hi, we are first time cruisers in Europe/Mediterranean on MSC Fantasia, next September, just wondering what the procedure is for collecting passports at end of cruise.

Can you collect it before the last morning at all :confused:

Thanks

Hello,

When we docked for disembarkation at 7:00, the passports were available sortly after, long before we were able to actually leave the ship. As there were very few non Europeans on-board, the line was very short, and the process did not take long.

As we usually walk off with our luggage, we did ask if we could get them early and we were told they were needed for customs when we docked.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rob

So just after you docked you were able to get the passports ?

And where do you go to get them ?

Also how long did it take for you to get off the ship, after you docked ?

Did you get in earlier ?

Thanks again

Sharon :)

Do you have a tight connection?:)

Answers in red...

So just after you docked you were able to get the passports ? Yes, but I do not recal how quick. It was before they opened the doors to let you out though.

And where do you go to get them ? On our ship/sailing, it was the Excursion Desk.

Also how long did it take for you to get off the ship, after you docked ? We had hours before our flight so we did not rush, but it would have been within an hour, probably less though. If you follow the proper disembarkation process, I doubt your luggage would be available at that point.

Did you get in earlier ? We stopped moving within seconds of our scheduled arrival which is consistent with most of our cruises in Europe. Different story from out local experience at home.

Well, assuming you are out of Venice, I would feel very comfortable with that timeline. I would probably even enjoy the morning on the ship, and avoid the rush.

Now if you are leaving from Bari...

Anyways, we will be back onboard MSC in October, time to change my signature.