Size difference between Midships Hump and Normal Balcony Stateroom????

portcbob

Hi There.

Considering going on the Silhouette in the Summer of 2015 and just wondering if the only difference between a Midships Hump Balcony and a Normal Deluxe Midships Balcony is only the size of the Verandah space area??????

Just wondering if anyone also knows if Celebrity Silhouette's Normal Verandah stateroom ( room only ) would be bigger in area than say the NORWEGIAN JADE for eg?????

Thanks in advance.

Bob and Chris from Australia:):):)

The cabins are the same size. The balconies are larger on the cabins that are on the angle from the hump to the recess. The cabins on the flat of the hump have regular size balconies. This pic will help.

2m2xs1l.jpg

Edited by kevinyork

I saw the following photo, which is the same one kevinyork posted above with some deck plan graphics added to the top. The graphics give some perspective as to why the verandas are larger and an approximation of the relative sizes.

znsac8.jpg

I saw the following photo, which is the same one kevinyork posted above with some deck plan graphics added to the top. The graphics give some perspective as to why the verandas are larger and an approximation of the relative sizes.

znsac8.jpg

That graphic is cute, but it does minimize the depth of all of the balconies. However, your point is well made, in terms of showing that the angled balconies are larger than the mid-hump balconies.

I have been on both ships

Based on a BA on NCL - mid ship balcony and a midship balcony on silhouette

Balcony - larger on celebrity both in width and depth but only by about 1.5 feet each way

Cabin - the cabins for humps and midship are exactly the same on silhouette - it is only the balcony that differs - which is double width from balcony door to railing

Cabin - from door to balcony door I would say that celebrity is longer by approx 5 feet

Layout - celebrity cabins are better laid out with a central area for the TV with drawer etc rather than it just being above the small table near the balcony door

Bathrooms - better laid out on celebrity

that said, we have no issue with NCL balcony cabins and are staying in one over christmas but I do prefer the celebrity cabins

Edited by Tiggertastic