Diamond Crown & Anchor booklet coupons

tsconley19

Graudeur was paperless as well. Apparently the transition happened recently as a lot of the staff still wasn't too sure about it all.

I think what irked me most was that some of the perks seemed to be "per stateroom" instead of the old "per passenger". The only perk we used was the BOGO brewed beverage (We can barely choke down the crap they call coffee on RCI ships, so the Starbucks is appreciated), but while I expected both me and my wife to have one BOGO per seapass, I was told at Cafe Latitudes that it was only one person. Sure enough when he checked my wifes Seapass card he confirmed that she did NOT have a BOGO on hers.

This is what everyone is getting excited for all the time?

Besides a couple freebees, it looks pretty worthless...

Thats why we are not going to take every vacation on an RCI cruise, the few little perks they give you are not worth sacrificing other opportunities. I like Royal, I think they give a good value but I also like a week in a beach house or a disney visit or even a different cruise line.

Royal cant give me enough different experiences for us to take 50 cruises on them.

Thats why we are not going to take every vacation on an RCI cruise, the few little perks they give you are not worth sacrificing other opportunities.

Some people are really impressed by the "HEY LOOK AT ME!" robes and slippers they get when they turn platinum. It never fails that we see someone walking around in the Windjammer or other inappropriate areas wearing them in what I can only guess is an effort to impress others.

Of course most people don't even know that they're a perk so the joke is often on them.

We wore ours a few times in our stateroom fresh out of the shower, but aside from a brief stint in the hallway to make our friends in the next stateroom laugh (Picture a tongue in cheek "Excuse me, do you have any grey poupon?" moment), they never left our stateroom.

Does anyone (even more so on the Liberty) know what you have to "do" to use the free internet minutes? Do you just login and the free minutes are already there (like they were AFTER you used to turn in the paper coupons) or do you "act" like you are being charged and they "remove" the charges later?

Some people are really impressed by the "HEY LOOK AT ME!" robes and slippers they get when they turn platinum. It never fails that we see someone walking around in the Windjammer or other inappropriate areas wearing them in what I can only guess is an effort to impress others.

Of course most people don't even know that they're a perk so the joke is often on them.

We wore ours a few times in our stateroom fresh out of the shower, but aside from a brief stint in the hallway to make our friends in the next stateroom laugh (Picture a tongue in cheek "Excuse me, do you have any grey poupon?" moment), they never left our stateroom.

Relax, even cruise directors wear rci robes on deck, notice the emblem

Edited by setsail

Does anyone (even more so on the Liberty) know what you have to "do" to use the free internet minutes? Do you just login and the free minutes are already there (like they were AFTER you used to turn in the paper coupons) or do you "act" like you are being charged and they "remove" the charges later?

GO to guest services. Ask to have the minutes added to your Seapass. Sometimes they will add mutliple peoples minutes to a single Seapass - I always ask that both mine and my wifes are added to mine.

If you want to use WiFi go to the computer area and click on the "WiFi Setup" option. Follow directions to make a username/pw which you will then use on y our WiFi devices to login.

Be SURE to disconnect the WiFi on your device when you're done. Usage is billed by the minute, not usage, so even an idle device still connected is still costing you $$$.

On the cruise we just got off of, you click the logo, enter cabin #, select minutes, and swipe your seapass card. The free minutes are preloaded on the card. No trip to g's needed. This is for a paperless ship

Edited by setsail

Relax, even cruise directors wear rci robes on deck, notice the emblem

Richard Spacey I can understand. He was our favorite CD across all our cruises, hands down...but "Overly manly man with big black beard" who we saw in the WJ on our last cruise wearing his RCI robe and slippers, well, not so much. ;)

On the cruise we just got off of, you click the logo, enter cabin #, select minutes, and swipe your seapass card. The free minutes are preloaded on the card.

Interesting. We had to go to GS and have the minutes loaded onto the card - the perk entitlement to the minutes was on the card, but not the minutes themselves.

You just request the free minutes. We had the Concierge combine our minutes and put them on one account. Guest Services should be able to do the same.

I have a question about Diamond Plus, do they still offer the BOGO dinner the first night? There are 4 of us that are DP, but we would have 8 for dinner.

Yes, the BOGO specialty dining coupon is still one of the D+ coupons, including the electronic version.