Dining question - Vegetarian options

sona2013

Hello all,

First time cruiser, so pardon me if the question has been asked before. We have picked the 8.15pm dining time. Are the vegetarian options good in the menu? If not, should I go ahead and pre-order Indian food? Is there any advantage to any time dining option? Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming you're an ovo-lacto vegetarian.

The Indian vegetarian is on the Everyday Menu. The items rotate so you will not get the same entrees twice.

It does come on two dinner plates.

Besides the Indian there will be another vegetarian entree. There are vegetarian options in each of the categories.

The buffet also has some vegetarian options and the deli has a wonderful mozzarella, pesto and arugula sandwich.

What ship are you on? Some ships have an Indian Tandoor open during lunch.

Anytime dining is like going to a restaurant on land. Assigned dining you eat at a certain time and table. No waiting with assigned. Can potentially have a wait with ATD.

Edited by SadieN

My wife is a vegetarian, and she was originally concerned there might not be enough variety and that she would end up eating the same meal every night. She was very pleased with the selection, except the Indian food which she didn't like.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There is one choice of vegetarian entree. You can order the Indian food off the menu. Some is incredibly good. Others I have not cared for. You can always order plain pasta with tomato sauce.

Appetizers: The fruit soups are great. Most hot soups are made with chicken broth. There is always some type of non-meat salad on the menu.

Quite often I order soup, salad and appetizer with no main entree. That is actually the perfect volume of food. Then I have dessert.

On the dessert menu they have a fruit and cheese plate. I ask for that as part of dinner, so I have some protein. (Pre-plated, so no bother to waitstaff.)

The fresh Mozzarella sandwich from deli bar is excellant!

Yes the mozzarella and arugula from the deli is fantastic. There's also a veggie sandwich on room service menu that is only slightly different that is even better! IMO there are plenty of vegetarian options. Enjoy your cruise!

On our last cruise the waiter was very concerned about my wife (the vegetarian, although I tend to swing more that way on a ship to curb weight gain) getting enough to eat. He would always bring her extra veggie sides from whatever was on the nights menu. I'm sure some would find it annoying but we thought it was sweet. It made for odd pairings sometimes but she enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a vegetarian, so I am not sure my opinion counts, but I do order from the vegetarian menu regularly. IMHO their vegetarian dishes are better than a lot of their regular dishes.

Thank you! This is good to know! I'm not a vegetarian either but am not so fond of their regular dishes so am hoping I might like the vegetarian ones better. :rolleyes:

The Steakhouse is good ... but there isn't one on Fantasy class ships.

LuLu

~~~~

Taste is subjective.

Certainly, taste is very subjective ... but it's interesting to get the opinions of others. :)

Have you tried any of the vegetarian dishes? If so, what was your opinion of them?

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

There is vegetarian and then there is Vegan.

We are also vegetarians but we eat fish. If you do fish, then you will have a ball eating. They always have a fish dinner, along with a vegetarian meal. If you don't looked the fish of the day, you can have salmon every night.

We never walk away hungry :D:D:D:D

Cheers

Len

There is vegetarian and then there is Vegan.

We are also vegetarians but we eat fish. If you do fish, then you will have a ball eating. They always have a fish dinner, along with a vegetarian meal. If you don't looked the fish of the day, you can have salmon every night.

We never walk away hungry :D:D:D:D

Cheers

Len

Pescatarians eat fish. Vegetarians do not.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm not a vegetarian but almost always order veggie options in the MDR. The Indian food is amazing...I've been looking forward to it for months now! It's very authentic and usually very spicy. If you're more used to "food court" Indian food, you probably won't enjoy it but if you like the real thing, you're in for a treat!