Carribean January 2014 - prices

Daveth10

Hello

Have been watching prices for January departures on the Azura drop to £1199 inside. Do people think that the prices will drop any further or will balcony prices be dropped to this level? Can anyone remember what happened for last January?

Thanks

Just had an email from P&O. Zero % single supplements on caribbean cruises. £999 for 14 nights on Azura or Ventura. Both in early December. Plus a range of cruises with only 25% single supplement.

Methinks they are having difficulty in filling the ships ;)

Pity I already have my winter cruise paid for. It would have saved several hundred pounds to cancel and re-book :(

Because of a number of considerations, my wife and myself have been unable to be in a position to book a cruise too far in advance. For the first time then, very early in the New Year if circumstances permit, I will be booking the first available Caribbean cruise I can get on. I have been watching the price drop on these cruises and cannot believe, that 10 years ago I paid over £3000 for a fortnight, and here we are today being in a position whereby the same holiday can be bought for almost a grand less.

Hello

Have been watching prices for January departures on the Azura drop to £1199 inside. Do people think that the prices will drop any further or will balcony prices be dropped to this level? Can anyone remember what happened for last January?

Thanks

If recent price drops are anything to go by wait until 2 weeks before you sail and you will get a cabin for £599.:rolleyes:

sure wished we had waited for the recent TA to Caribbean we did.

(see JENNY WREN RECENT POSTING ON HERE

It's all very well saying don't look at the prices but in our case we booked a cruise three weeks ago on a Getaway price.... since then we have had two emails offering us this cruise firstly at £200 less and secondly at £400 less !! so we can't get away from the fact it has been greatly reduced.

In future we shall wait until less than a month to sail date and see what we can get.)

regards Micky

Edited by micky most

I've been going for the last 13 years and in my experience there are always better offers before Xmas than after. Last year P&O had good offers on the 2 week and 3 week transatlantics but not so much on the standard 2 weekers. Think the reason for that is that more people want to go post xmas as the weather is reckoned to be better (less rain) and also the Caribbean 'season' for holidays is considered to be spring.

It is a real job to guess what will happen this year, we are looking for March as balconies are currently cheaper then we have paid in the past for inside cabins - I have never seen the Caribbean cruises so cheap, when you consider that it includes the flight - £999 for balconies at present is a giveaway. They must be struggling to fill the ships I think.

We are really unsure what to do - I think there may be surge of booking immediately after Xmas which may cause the prices to go up- decisions, decisions.

Edited by bee-ess

quote from BEE-EES

Last year P&O had good offers on the 2 week and 3 week transatlantics

We are really unsure what to do - I think there may be surge of booking immediately after Xmas which may cause the prices to go up- decisions, decisions.

Sorry I have to disagree!!!!!!

Last year 2012 we paid £1299 for balcony on a getaway deal which this year was sold at a getaway price of £699 for a balcony just before sailing so offers werent that great on last years 2012 two week transatlantics:( others paid loads more on vantage prices.

regards Micky and Mrs Micky

Edited by micky most

I was talking about the March 2013 t/a' Getaways which were significantly cheaper than the standard Jan/Feb/Mar 2 weekers. Traditionally the offers post xmas are not as good as pre xmas.

Edited by bee-ess