Philadelphia Arrangements

shamrock47

Booked on Celebrity Horizon 9/10 from Philadelphia to Bermuda. Any good suggestions on hotels in the downtown Philly area, transportation to hotel/cruise terminal? How about tours? Can't wait.

Thanks in advance

Both the cruise terminal and the air terminal are isolated from the downtown area. If you want to see Philly you're better to stay downtown (hotels everywhere, but not inexpensive). If you're just looking to overnight and then board you'd be better staying at the airport. I'm sure you can get complimentary hotel transportation from the airport but I doubt you can get anything to the cruise terminal.

Greetings Spender,

We were thinking about the Loews in downtown. We have tickets for the Phillies' game the evening of the 9th. Thought we would do a city tour (trolly?). Appreciate any and all suggestions.

Downtown hotels will be more expensive than the airport most likely, and you have to pay for parking. At the airport, most hotels have free parking (except for Marriott), and some will let you leave your car while you travel (security may vary though). Don't know if any shuttle to terminal, but parking there is supposed to be convenient and $10-12 per day. We'll sail from Philly next month so I'll that for sure then. Philadelphia is a wonderful city- and easy to walk. Besides Independence Mall area, there is the Art Museum, which has a Friday evening program series, and FRanklin Institute, Natural History museum, etc. Four Seasons is closest hotel to that area (now, they may shuttle you to the pier!). Great restaurants are all over center city- email me at Sbberns@aol.com if you want suggestions close to where you are staying or for a particular type of food.

Philly's a great town, and worth spending the time to sight see.

Anyway, just to let folks know that we got the Marriott at the airport for $55 plus tax on Priceline for 9/11 :) . We bid on a 2 1/2 star and got free upgrade without asking, so perhaps similar deals are available for those who want to stay downtown.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

I'm a long time Philadelphia resident who does not stay at hotels here, but I have recommended The Latham Hotel to many for its elegance. It is well located and has an excellant dining room. It is a small hotel and parking will most likely be very expensive. If economy is on your mind, stay at an airport hotel.

http://www.lathamhotel.com/

Archived