On Crutches, Glory on Sunday

MrBanana1240

Hello,

After falling and snapping my foot I broke a bone and now I am in a boot an on crutches. I have been told I can not remove the boot to swim and now getting into the water :( I was really looking forward to swimming with stingrays... Well, it will have to wait I guess. I am worried about navigating the ship. I have Been on it, but what about heavy times like after dinner and muster? Will they let me on an elevator without being a sardine? And I am worried about the door of my stateroom. Is there a way they can switch our room to a handicap room? I am very worried.

Thanks for any help, happy cruising!

My Mom had to have emergency hip surgery (car wreck) three weeks before her cruise. She called about a handicap room. They told her that the only one they had left would be an upgraded room from what she had. They offered her a discount (close to 50% off). She said it was the best room. She had a wonderful time. Call them and ask

Hello,

After falling and snapping my foot I broke a bone and now I am in a boot an on crutches. I have been told I can not remove the boot to swim and now getting into the water :( I was really looking forward to swimming with stingrays... Well, it will have to wait I guess. I am worried about navigating the ship. I have Been on it, but what about heavy times like after dinner and muster? Will they let me on an elevator without being a sardine? And I am worried about the door of my stateroom. Is there a way they can switch our room to a handicap room? I am very worried.

Thanks for any help, happy cruising!

Gpo have a good time. I did and was in a wheel chair.They had no HC rooms available, the ship is very friendly to us. Tell them when you board. lBefore you go call special needs They will have a seat you can use in the shower. You can buy a leg cover made of plastic or just stick you leg out. The cruise lifted my spirtits go go go

bia

Do not give up hope, you could get a handicapped room and you might want to get a wheelchair to help get around the ship a little easier.

As for swimming with the rays, well you could do what you do for the shower, put a big clear garbage bag around your leg and tape the crap out of it to keep water from getting in....if you are going on the ray excursion with the boat that has stairs going right into the water you could scoot down on your but to get in the water and up to get out.....one never knows until you get there.....

Bad timing to get hurt, but have as much fun as you possibly can have!!!!!! Use the cast (aka oh woe is me) as much as you can *BG*....

You can go to a special place for the Muster drill. Just go to guest services when you board and tell them you can not do the stairs. They will let you go to a special lounge just for people with special needs. They will tell you to get there about 15 minutes before the drill, so you won't have trouble getting an elevator. They do the muster drill in the lounge and when it is done, they will let all of you go up in the elevators before they let out the rest of the people. Worked out great for me a couple years ago right after ankle surgery.

There are companies that will rent out wheel chairs on the cruise ships. It is about 50$ a week. They deliver it to the ship and it is waiting for you in your room. Then, you leave it on the ship and they will pick it up.

Claudia

Gpo have a good time. I did and was in a wheel chair.They had no HC rooms available, the ship is very friendly to us. Tell them when you board. lBefore you go call special needs They will have a seat you can use in the shower. You can buy a leg cover made of plastic or just stick you leg out. The cruise lifted my spirtits go go go

bia

I broke my foot about 3 weeks before one of our cruises and contacted the Special needs desk before we left. They were great. They had a wheelchair waiting when we got to the port and the carnival employee wheeled me through the whole check in process. We were on the ship eating lunch in about 40 minutes. I used the crutches most of the time. They wheeled me through the debarkation process too. They really took great care of me. I didn't get to go to either of the 2 ports our 5 day cruise had, but we still had a great time.