Curse of the $2 Bill... REALLY!?!

Cruznjuly

I guess the crew are delicate uneducated unintelligent individuals who would become completely baffled when given a 2.00 bill that they would be stumped and not know how to take it along with the rest of their tips to to pay for their on board expenses or to deposit them into their bank account.

Yeah, I know what you mean. That dang money just keeps making my life so hard. It is so difficult to deal with. I wish they wouldn't give me any more.

I guess the crew are delicate uneducated unintelligent individuals who would become completely baffled when given a 2.00 bill that they would be stumped and not know how to take it along with the rest of their tips to to pay for their on board expenses or to deposit them into their bank account.

Myself I think they are smarter than you think. And for my own curiosity I am going to do something really strange. I am going to ASK. And I know full well no matter of the answer the great 2.00 debate will continue.

Eat more BACON

Naw. They're just annoyed because of the extra work needed because someone is full of cutesiness.

I tried to circulate some in Curacao last December, and neither shops or vendors wanted to accept them, i gave some out as tips on the ship, but now realize that crewmembers would have a hard time dealing with them also , next month i'll take a lot more 1s & 5s.

Even in the states they are not easy to find, if you want a bank to get you some - you usually have to buy a bundle of 100 of them, $200.

my hope to be last post on this subject.

Too bad it wasn't. :rolleyes:

...but i am going to experiment.

I am going to take 100 2.00 bills and when i go to tip i will hold up a 2.00 & 1.00 and ask which one they want. i think it will be an interesting experiment.

And for my own curiosity I am going to do something really strange. I am going to ASK. And I know full well no matter of the answer the great 2.00 debate will continue.

Eat more BACON

So, to prove your point, you will be using the crew as lab animals for your experiment. Or worse, like circus animals and making them stand at attention and perform for their tips. What a sorry way to treat people for your own amusement. :rolleyes:

Edited by boogs

$50 bills are supposedly unlucky as well, and are less common than 20s. How many people turn down a $50 tip/gift and insist on 2 20's?

Now this whole discussion reminds me of when I was on a trip that involved going to Eastern Europe back in the 60's, behind the Iron Curtain. In Poland, U.S. currency was much in demand. People would come up to you on the street and ask if you wanted to change money, in very stilted English. It may have been the only sentence they knew. I was a kid and I was nearly broke, but I had a few quarters and showed them to this guy and told him 4 of them were worth a dollar. He evidently had never seen them before, and looked them over closely. But, he took them and gave me zloty (not sure what the plural is)!

I guess this doesn't prove much, except for maybe two things:

1) Money is money.

2) Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

While I don't think I'd hold up a one and two and ask anyone to choose (except maybe a child as an object lesson), I would be hard pressed to characterize Anthony's experiment as arrogant. Just trying to see how people think about things when given a choice is not arrogant, but a source of information. It's not as if he's taking anything away, in fact he's trying to give money away. What could be more generous than that?