Cabin E732 Sapphire Princess

Once Upon A Time

We had E732 last week on the Sapphire and it's got to be one of the best cabins on the ship! The cabin is a regular balcony cabin (very nice) but the balcony is out of this world, especially for an Alaskan cruise. It's about 12'long and is totally closed in on three sides, plus the top is completely covered. We were able to sit out there anytime we wanted (even at 1:00am) without any wind at all. When it was cold and windy on the decks, it was nice and pleasant on our balcony. We really loved it during Tracey Arm! The views were wonderful! We had two chairs that could lay back and they had very comfortable cushions plus a table and two chairs which we used everyday for breakfast on the balcony...yes it was nice enough, even in the rain, to eat breakfast everyday on the balcony since it's so covered and protected. One hint.....although it's said that you can only order Continental breakfast from room service, we wrote in hot items each evening and it was always delivered. We ordered pancakes, eggs, sausages, bacon...whatever we wanted...and it was always delivered! What a pleasure! You'll love it!

eileen11 - I am so happy to see your post regarding cabin E732 on Sapphire. We are sailing on her in October and was booked in C220. However, last night I noticed that E732 had become available and contacted my TA immediately to see if she could change our cabin. Within a minute or two she had emailed me back and said "It's done". I was hoping I had made the right decision. My question is: It seems there is only 4 cabins on the back of the ship on that floor; what is in the middle? It looks like a Vista suite on the corner and then nothing on the other side. We've had an aft cabin on RCCL, but never on Princess and just didn't know what to expect. Now I'm really excited.

Teresa

Thank you eileen11: :) We leave in October and will really be looking forward to the cabin now more than ever. Your information was great.... Sounds like the room steward is pretty darn good too! If you think of anything else about the cabin that might be helpful, I'd appreciate the info. Should we order the egg crate topper for the bed?

Sure thing! Why don't you log onto the roll call for the Oct 1st sailing and then I'll be sure to know how to find you when we get back. Did you hear about the changes to the theme dining rooms? We have PC so it affected us, but for those with traditional dining, nothing changes.

We are sticking with traditional so no change here. I was wanting to try PC, but we are with a group of 7 and everyone else wanted to do traditional so we could be sure to sit together every night. We all met in 2000 as dinner mates on a Princess cruise and have been best friends ever since and continue to meet every year for a get together.

Sonchyne4U, in one of your messages you said that "you noticed" that e732 had become available. Can you tell me where you found that information? I used to be able to find it at one of the internet cruise sales sites but alas they don't provide that info anymore. Thanks so much!

We had E732 on the Diamond and I assume it is identical to the one on the Sapphire. It was awesome -- our favorite cabin so far. We spent so many hours on the balcony. We are booked in E728 this year, which had been our favorite because of the extended balcony and additional room in the cabin. However, I have been checking daily to see if an aft cabin becomes available. Once you try one you will be spoiled forever! Enjoy!! ;)

We did order the egg crate mattress in E732 and also down pillows. You also have to ask for the bathrobes...do that right away! Remember to order hot breakfasts on your balcony...just right in whatever you want on the breakfast form. There's not a lot of room to write anything, but we squeezed it in and had hot breakfast on the balcony everyday. Also, go to the indoor pool area and then walk up the stairs that are right there. There is a table up there where you can get nice, warm blankets for the trip. You just have to return them the last night. These came in handy when going through Tracey Arm! I brought my own hair dryer and all hair dryers only plug into the "desk" area, not the bathroom for some crazy reason. You'll also get a nice basket of lotions, soaps, shampoos and conditions that are replaced as you use them. The food was wonderful...the lobster, king crab legs, crab cakes and lobster bisque were wonderful! We also ordered shrimp cocktail everynight for an appetizer before the appetizer. ;) Let's see....what else... :rolleyes: Oh, when you go through Tracey Arm, turn on channel 35 on the TV and you'll hear the naturalist giving her description of what you'll be seeing. Just awesome! On the night we were in Juneau we made late reservations to Sabatini's. Don't miss this restaurant! It's a $20 charge, but worth every penny! The food in the dining room that night isn't very good since most people have excursions that get in late. Our excursion returned at 7:45 and we had 9:00 reservations. You'll love this restaurant and it would cost you MUCH, MUCH more if you were to go to a restaurant like this off the ship.

If you have Personal Choice dining, avoid the Santa Fe restaurant. The service is not very good and they are very slow there. Go to the Savoy (sp?) and ask to be seated at Misha or Mishu's tables. Her tables are just the right as you enter the restaurant and have GREAT ocean views. She's just wonderful and will get you anything you desire and she's prompt and more than fun! Use the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi in the spa on the 15th floor. It's free and really nice! Most people think you have to get a spa treatment to use the facilities, but that's not the case.

There's more than enough storage room in E732! The fridge wasn't working properely last week, but we called and it was fixed that day, so check it to see if it feels hot on the top shelf. If so, call down and have them come up to adjust it. Other than that....enjoy "my" balcony! :D

Eileen: Thanks so much for the great information... I feel a bit of kinship with you.... we must have sailed some of the same ships at the same time... I've done some cruising that I haven't put in the profile... I haven't sailed princess for about 15 years....so all I can learn about their new ships is of great interest.Thanks again.

what is the space between E732 and E735 and D740 and D741.

I'm really curious. We have booked D740 but I'm just starting to research it to see if we want to keep it or ask for a BB on Caribe deck.

Does anyone know what is in that big space?

Thanks

Nothing is there...it's just the end of the hallway with no windows or doors. You have the one suite next to you and nothing on the other side...totally private!

Just found this pic on webshots. Looks like there is a balcony with a door in the middle.

sapphireprincess.jpg

• 1 month later...
Sonchyne4U, in one of your messages you said that "you noticed" that e732 had become available. Can you tell me where you found that information? I used to be able to find it at one of the internet cruise sales sites but alas they don't provide that info anymore. Thanks so much!

The cruise lines only release 5 or 6 cabins in a category even if they have more available. As any of those 5 or 6 are booked, the remaining cabins are moved one at a time onto the "active" list until they're all gone.

If you have a specific cabin you'd like, you (or your TA) can call Princess directly to see if any specific cabin is available. If it is, you can book that cabin at that time even if it hasn't been moved to the active list.

Geejay:

I noticed you mentioned that E728 has been a favourite cabin of yours on Sapphire - we just changed to this cabin from another Emerald mini for our February cruise when the price dropped last night.

The balcony appears to be huge! Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob

• 7 years later...

Archived