Magic and Dream

steph7021

We sailed on the Magic out of Galveston in 2012. We are looking at the Dream for 2015 out of NOLA. What are the differences in the 2 ships these days....did the Dream get some upgrades?? I do know they are the same class. Thanks!!

The Magic, although it does not have 2.0 upgrades has more features such as Ocean Plaza and Red Frog Pub

The Dream is just a larger version of the pre 2.0 Conquest class ships.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

Magic and Dream are both Dream Class ships. Their layouts are nearly identical including the ocean plaza on both. Magic has more of the 2.0 upgrades. For instance, Dream does not have a Guy's Burgers or a ropes course. Dream has the Red Frog and Blue Iguana Bars on the Lido Deck but does not have the Red Frog Pub or the Blue Iguana restaurant. I was on the Dream on Aug. 2013, very nice ship.

Hmmmm, so what is great about the Dream? We loved the Magic

We love the Dream...been on her 3 times so far. We haven't been on Magic, but we were also on Breeze, and I think I prefer Dream over Breeze, and that has a lot to do with entertainment, and entertainment staff. Butch was our CD our first trip on Dream, and he, along with his staff, were amazing!! BUT, then Butch was also our CD on the Breeze, staff was definitely meh!! And Butch seemed a little off too, not sure why.

Dream does not have the ropes course (wouldn't do it anyway...scared of heights), does not have Guy's Burgers (yes, they are good, but I can get a good burger at home), does not have Red Frog Pub (great food, but again, I can get great food at home), the water play area is a little different, but still fun, the 2 big slides are the same, Dream does not have the Italian restaurant for dinner, but has a pasta bar that is open for lunch and is excellent!!