which cruise to pick?

~Christie~

Ok, I know I have asked about different itineraries before but hubby and I have finally narrowed it down between two itineraries & two ships....

Carnival Magic to Belize, Cozumel, & Roatan

or

Carnival Dream to Jamaica, Cozumel, & Grand Cayman

Please help! Our main objective is to relax and the main excursion we want to do is Zip line.

Ok, I know I have asked about different itineraries before but hubby and I have finally narrowed it down between two itineraries & two ships....

Carnival Magic to Belize, Cozumel, & Roatan

or

Carnival Dream to Jamaica, Cozumel, & Grand Cayman

Please help! Our main objective is to relax and the main excursion we want to do is Zip line.

Roatan for sure

google victor bodden roatan I know he has zip lines and they are one of the best tour operators we know of.We have never been on either ship so cant help much ship wise

If you have a sec youtube west bay beach Roatan its beautiful :)

At the sailing dates the Dream will be out of New Orleans which is closest to us by about 1 1/2 hours.

It is really a toss up for us b/c we would love either cruise & ship. I guess I am mainly wanting to know about the ports, lol!

Roatan is a beautiful place, as others mention. Depending on when your sail dates are, Galveston can be a challenge getting out of due to the weather (fog). But again, neither is a bad choice.

Thanks to all that are responding! I really appreciate it b/c this will be our first 7 day cruise. We have done two (4 days) to Cozumel out of NOLA and loved them but wouldn't mind going out of Galveston for a change.

The Dream is cheaper by only $125 total ~ so it really is a close call.

Sail dates for either ship are April 20, 2014 or May 4, 2014

Weather in Galveston is usually only a problem in Winter/early Spring. I think you should be fine there.

We haven't been on either ship, but have been to all the ports. Each itinerary has a port we really like (Roatan, Grand Cayman) along with a port we can do without (Belize, Jamaica). While the Magic is newer, we chose the Dream out of NOLA because we really enjoyed sailing out of there on Conquest last time. The city is a lot of fun pre-cruise.