San Juan port buying wine Royal Caribbean

Funtone40

Does anyone know if I can buy wine at the cruise terminal in San Juan to bring on a Royal Caribbean cruise? ( they allow 2-375ml bottles of wine only on embarkation day only) I am not sure witch terminal they use, but it is a bigger ship. We have the cruise transfer from the airport, so I assume we do not have the option of stopping along the way!

thanks!!

Yes there is a wine/liquor shop in the corner of the terminal where you check in. When we we there last April we were easily able to buy a couple of bottles and take them on the ship

Incidentally we had already cleared security before the wine shop so there were no more bag checks after check in;)

Sent from my GT-I8190N

• 2 weeks later...

1) Wouldn't selection AND prices be way better in San Juan than in the cruise terminal shop? It's that "captive audience" thing that makes a mediocre sandwich cost around ten bucks if you have to buy it at the airport.:rolleyes:

2)Wherever you buy, try to pick a place where they seem to be caring for the way they store wine...a tropical climate is too hot for long-term storage of any decent wine at "room temperature"; cooling is needed.

3) I'm pretty sure the "two bottles" in Royal's policy would be full-size-- 750 ml-- 375 would be a half-bottle, more common for dessert wines.

Cheers!

PS-- Oops-- sorry I missed your initial comment about the cruise line transfer, in which case a shopping stop in town is not a practical possibility.

Edited by jeph

• 1 year later...
Yes there is a wine/liquor shop in the corner of the terminal where you check in. When we we there last April we were easily able to buy a couple of bottles and take them on the ship

Incidentally we had already cleared security before the wine shop so there were no more bag checks after check in;)

Sent from my GT-I8190N

Can you tell me if this is the store is on the same terminal as the Carnival Valor? I was planning on purchasing a bottle of vodka before getting on board the valor in Febuary.

Can you tell me if this is the store is on the same terminal as the Carnival Valor? I was planning on purchasing a bottle of vodka before getting on board the valor in Febuary.

Just an fyi, you cannot take a bottle of vodka on with you. Only wine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's not the same terminal. There are liquor stores by the OSJ pier but as has been pointed out you can't bring vodka on board.