St.Petersburg on the Legend

MainLineLady

We're going to be on the Legend departing June 10th from Stockholm. I've been looking at the various tour companies that have been recommended here and none of them lists small group tours on the days the Legend will be in port. I'm guessing that's because the ship is so small. Has anyone had luck arranging a small group tour for the 2 days or will we have to do a private tour which is considerably more expensive? I have't tried to contact the companies yet, thought I'd ask here first.

We did St Petersburg this past June on Sojourn. We had two different groups on our Roll Call arrange ourselves with SPB Tours and were very pleased. If you glance at the Sojourn June 11 roll call, there are many details there and it might give you an idea of how it all came together!

Thanks, I started a roll call for the cruise and will hope for the best. It took me a while to figure out the process and I'm a little surprised that with only a bit over 6 months to go that there wasn't already one.

Unlike say Carnivals "Cruisin with the Crazies" Seabourn roll calls are relative ghost towns. I wonder if having a continually updated sticky on the main SB forum with links to currently active (eg: Ship hasn't sailed yet) roll calls would help.

We used a woman who was an excellent guide. We hired her for three days. She is a native St Petersburg resident who has a degree in fine arts - a perfect blend knowing the history and the art. My wife and I hired her (and her driver) just for the two of us. But I believe she would take groups up to four people as well.

If you are interested, send me your email address and I will respond privately to you with her email address

We used a woman who was an excellent guide. We hired her for three days. She is a native St Petersburg resident who has a degree in fine arts - a perfect blend knowing the history and the art. My wife and I hired her (and her driver) just for the two of us. But I believe she would take groups up to four people as well.

If you are interested, send me your email address and I will respond privately to you with her email address

Why not post her contact details here?

Perhaps because it isn't allowed? :confused:

I think there is a rule that you can't recommend a company that you haven't used, but I thought the whole purpose of the forum was to swap information like this..... now I am confused.

I will be happy to send her contact information to anyone heading to St Petersburg who provides me with an email address. But I would not want to publish her information to the world on this forum.

Wouldn't this guide be happy to be recommended on a thread being read by potential visitors to St Petersburg? By doing things this way, others are forced to reveal their email addresses to the world.

Edited by Laylam
Afterthought.

Wouldn't this guide be happy to be recommended on a thread being read by potential visitors to St Petersburg? By doing things this way, others are forced to reveal their email addresses to the world.

I agree that this forum is valuable for sharing information. I have learned a lot here and have - I believe - shared important information with others.

But just as you are hesitant to "reveal your email address to the world" I am hesitant to do that with someone else's. I have and will share mine when I think it is appropriate, but will not share anyone else's address that I have.

There is a solution to this - that unfortunately this Board does not enable. Many internet boards have the ability to send private messages from one member to another. This board does not. Maybe one day that will be an enhancement.

I agree that this forum is valuable for sharing information. I have learned a lot here and have - I believe - shared important information with others.

But just as you are hesitant to "reveal your email address to the world" I am hesitant to do that with someone else's. I have and will share mine when I think it is appropriate, but will not share anyone else's address that I have.

There is a solution to this - that unfortunately this Board does not enable. Many internet boards have the ability to send private messages from one member to another. This board does not. Maybe one day that will be an enhancement.

They're afraid other TAs would take advantage of such a system. Other than that I'd rather not get smacked with a ban hammer for saying too much.